Using OgreXML models in jME3

I was using the teddy bear model from here http://e2-productions.com/repository/uploads/PDdownloads/osito.blend

I was using the OgreXML script to export the teddy bear module. I clicked on "copy textures", but never the less the teddy bear appeared red, and not furry as blender rendered it.

I'm using latest Ubuntu with blender and blender-Ogre3D plugin installed from the packages there.

Am I doing something wrong? Why doesn't the teddy bear have texture?

The texture is packed inside the .blend file, while the export script tries to locate it on the harddrive.

You can unpack the texture by going to Materials -> Textures, and in the Image tab, click the little package button on the right side of the texture path.

Thanks!

Is there a script to convert .blend to .mesh.xml bundle without using blender?

(BTW, what happens to the forum system. I sometimes saw a wordpress-based forum system instead of this phpBB one).

elazarl said:
(BTW, what happens to the forum system. I sometimes saw a wordpress-based forum system instead of this phpBB one).
You must have accidentally gone to hub.jmonkeyengine.org, where we're building our new site. Please start a new topic in the site & project board if you have more questions, so this thread doesn't go off topic.

It still doesn't work, even though I unpacked the texture. The Scene.material file doesn't contain any filename for texture. The file is attached (it's opensource file.

The texture is applied using Orco mode, which is not supported by the exporter, only UV is supported. You need to generate a UV map for the model.