UV Space

Hi,

I have got problems to map textures correctly. How are S and T coordinates mapped? is the S coordinate the x direction from left to right and the T coordinate from top to bottom?

Thanks.

Regards,

Equi

UV coord are from 0 to 1.

the origin is the bottom left corner of the picture, x (u or s) goes from left to right, y (v or t) goes from bottom to top.

Hello,

perhaps you have got experience with blender and collada exporter. Blender saves the Collada data not as needed by JME. A plane with two triangles posseses 4 indices but 6 uv coordinates. Moreover the uv coordinates do not seem to corespond to the vertices correctly. Do you know how to solve this problem?

Thanks.

Regards,

Equi

Sorry, but i have no experience with the collada exporter.

You mean 4 vertices? a plane should have 6 indices, 4 vertices and 4 uv coord…

Hello,

if I want to display a plane, I can use 2 triangles. I could write a code were I set 4 vertices and set 6 indices to the 4 vertices. Do you think that it would be usefull to set 6 vertices and 6 indices?

The problem with the collada export is, that each vertex is saved once. Triangles are referenced through indices. So 4 vertices for a plane consisiting of 2 triangles makes 4 vertices but 6 indices. But the problem is that collada exports 6 uv coordinates. I can not set 4 vertices, 6 indices and 6 uv coordinates in JME. This is my problem.

Hope you understand.

Thanks for help.

Regards,

Equi

why not use the quad primitive from JME?

too complicated. I can have quad triangle polygons or only triangles or only quads. Collada exports per default what it sees from blender. it is better to transform all to triangles and use them.

Hello,

ok. I have got it. My fist blender collada model in JME. cool cool cool

Regards,

Equi