Vehicle example project

Both UE4 and Unity3D (Standard Assets in Unity Asset Store) have example projects of vehicle, with realistic car suspension. I wonder if there are such example project for JMonkey. If not, then it should be - it will make JMonkey much more attractive for developers.

Did you go through the documentation?

http://wiki.jmonkeyengine.org/doku.php/jme3:advanced:vehicles

Well there is a vehicle example, however it does not focus on the suspension.

Having some kind of suspension test track with a vehicle and good looking suspension would certainly be a nice addition.

eg like this track
http://ls2015mods.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/testtrack-v1-1-placebale_1.jpg

1 Like

Is there are spring effect of suspension (as if there shock absorbers)?

I don’t know, I would have to read the documentation :blush:

There are at least some springs, you can also setup their stiffness when going round the corners to tune between falling over (start rolling) or taking the corner smoothly :stuck_out_tongue:
But it’s pretty hard to get it right.

See from DannyJo’s Link: jmonkeyengine/TestFancyCar.java at master · jMonkeyEngine/jmonkeyengine · GitHub

As for the Track, any dedicated Modeler feel free to Contribute :wink:

Well I would be willing to do the track, if someone is willing to configure a car accordingly, as the fancy car is certainly not able to drive there (due to to low wheels)

I have some experience playing with jme vehicles. I could try and configure the fancy car accordingly.
No promises on results, but I’d try. Looking at what my vehicles go through, I’d think it should be fine using longer and stronger suspensions.

One thing that helped me with my last project: Reducing the friction. It’s much more relatistic to have a car slide and that way you don’t hit the suspensions end causing the car to go nuts.

And yeah, the positioning of the wheels was also somewhat odd, no clue why.

Ok, I will see if I get a simple track ready today :slight_smile: