Version 0.10

Lol

Cmon man, where is it…

Jk, Its a lovely effect you made, if you can release then great, really makes a good impression of JME

hehe

well, bloom and sketch is in, and i'm working together with mojo and renanse on getting the last "unknown territory"-bugs out…after that, you'll have it…

(and a depth of field, and deferred lighting effect)

spam squelched…

Renanse = "The Spam Squelcher"

darkfrog

I thought perhaps this person might actually have a question somewhere amidst the chinese, so I translated:

Bell sound downloading bell sound handset bell sound downloading handset bell sound free bell sound downloading handset bell sound free download color at fingertips machine bell sound downloading handset bell sound handset bell sound free download color letter bell sound downloading bell sound handset bell sound downloading handset bell sound free bell sound downloading handset bell sound free download color letter bell sound downloading bell sound handset bell sound downloading handset bell sound free bell sound downloading handset bell sound free download handset bell sound free download color letter bell sound downloading bell sound handset bell sound downloading handset bell sound free bell sound downloading handset bell sound free download color letter bell sound downloading bell sound bell sound downloading bell Sound bell sound downloading bell sound handset bell sound downloading handset bell sound free bell sound downloading handset bell sound free download color letter bell sound downloading bell sound handset bell sound downloading handset bell sound free bell sound downloading handset bell sound free download color at fingertips machine bell sound downloading handset bell sound downloading handset bell sound downloading handset bell sound downloading handset bell sound downloading handset bell sound downloading handset bell sound downloading handset bell sound downloading handset bell sound downloading handset be

Perhaps not. :-p

darkfrog

Mac OS X 10.4 comes with JDK 1.5, earlier versions didn't.  So basically yes, Macs can run Java 1.5 now.

renanse said:

By GDC 2006 we hope.  :P

GDC came and went. Unfortunetly without the appearence of a jMonkey Engine booth.

How's the roadmap looking for version 0.10?
Any change in plans because of NCSoft or are the code you write for them just left out of the public CVS builds?

The new job certainly threw a wrench into the whole release thing… specifically our priorities for the engine are no longer based on the release roadmap, but what is needed for the game, and the contributions of these features are limited to approval.

We really do need to get 0.10 out even if all the features are not in. Llama and Irrisor might need to help out here.

Perhaps we should divide the developers into two groups, one working on the release schedule, the other based on the game.

Heh. Define "we" and define "the developers"

"we" are the active and influential members of the Jme comunity.(I have no Idea if I qualify, but I like to think of my self as active in jme thus the term we)

"the developers" are the people that are appointed by mojomonk to develop jme and are actively developing jme.

The advantage of dividing the developers into two groups is that mojomonk will get what he needs done and the rest of "the developers" can work on something on the same time.

Well, Mojo and Renanse just started their job at NCSoft. For irrisor and me it's a hobby project we do in our spare time. Influence or not, there's not much to divide up here :smiley:

Basically I am saying that irrisor, you (and Cep?) should work on the release schedule while Mojo and Renanse focuses on there game. Of course it is a hobby project for you, so what you do is up to you.

You can always add developers to help with mojo focuses on his game.

since getting added as a developer seems to be very hard, they should find some way of letting people get cvs access to specific areas(that doesnt affect the core too much)…

Is it? I don't think access is the problem. Hell, if they give me access…

If any of you have plans to do contributions that would be easier with CVS acces, speak up! :slight_smile: Of course there still has to be a general consencus about which features should go in and which not, but this is discussed amongst the dev team.

So, anyone with big plans out there?

I think giving out more CVS access is a good idea (i'd like it  :wink: ) , but I would also like to see some kind of real code review process put in place.  I'm sure those working at NCSoft right now would prefer to keep the quality of what's in the CVS high (you know, compileable, somewhat documented, doesn't break other code, etc.  :D  )

Well, send Mojo a PM… tell him your plans…

As for a code review process, I personally think time is better spend on other things. As with most open source project, when you add new features, you're the one who's responsible for not breaking (and fixing if you do break them) any other features. Compiling isn't a big issue with jME (an IDE like Eclipse will tell you if you break things right after you type it), the biggest issue there is 1.4 compatibility which is usually fixed and spotted easily. Documentation is always good, but let's stay realistic on that one…

whats the general consensus on 1.4 compatibility…

Is  mac ok now on 1.5 ???

Well, in the least .10 will be 1.4 compatible anyway (to keep it on topic)

If Mojo and the developers want to keep controll of the cvs perhaps they should appoint some partial developers that work on the core but give the code to the developers to decide if it goes into the cvs.