Vertex lighting?

Agh… Ok thanks; that does get rid of the problem about the light spot being in the wrong place, but comes back to the vertex lighting artifacts. Ive wasted enough time with this, so have just heavily divided up my models to the point that vertex lighting looks fine.

Purely out of interest though, I thought JME3 did not use vertex lighting by default when you place a light? Is this not the case?

Anyway, thanks for all your help.

@JESTERRRRRR said: Agh.. Ok thanks; that does get rid of the problem about the light spot being in the wrong place, but comes back to the vertex lighting artifacts. Ive wasted enough time with this, so have just heavily divided up my models to the point that vertex lighting looks fine.

Purely out of interest though, I thought JME3 did not use vertex lighting by default when you place a light? Is this not the case?

Anyway, thanks for all your help.

It doesn’t. But it does calculate some of the base lighting parameters per vertex. These are interpolated over the surface and used to calculate per-pixel lighting. But in extreme cases (I guess) where the point light is relatively close to the object and vertexes are far away then errors creep in, I guess.