[Video] Blender 2.61 to jme3

I made a video to show what to do to export correctly from blender.

I had some trouble doing this myself, so I hope a video will help others.

(some of the blender stuff in documentation is a bit outdated)

blender to jme3 though ogre XML - YouTube

9 Likes

@stevie excellent video man, that’s pretty much exactly how I do it.

nice vid :slight_smile:

If you could update the wiki with a link to your video as well as corrections/updates of whatever existing information is incorrect, that would be fantastic. Just go to the wiki page and edit it via the “Wiki” drop-down up top.

I would be happy to do that.

I just don’t really understand the stucture of the wiki, or how to make new pages.

@stevie said:
I would be happy to do that.
I just don't really understand the stucture of the wiki, or how to make new pages.

Great. Any question you have about how to do stuff on the wiki, just ask.

Great job :slight_smile: I’m sure ill need this video in the future!

Exactly what we need from our monkeys :slight_smile:

Does this work with blender 2.62?

And just so I don’t need to make a new thread to ask this, how much work would it be to import say a hundred animations from blender to jME3? Wouldn’t it be a horrible unorganized mess?

@aevun said:
Does this work with blender 2.62?
And just so I don't need to make a new thread to ask this, how much work would it be to import say a hundred animations from blender to jME3? Wouldn't it be a horrible unorganized mess?

the animation stuff hasn't really that many, if any, changes between those versions so yes it should

As for the second part your animation data can exist separate and apart from your model doesn't even have to have the same name, so u can export your files several times with portions of your animations and then read them(animations) in by code, but I dont know how jmp will deal with that given the conversion and deployment process
this is how I import secondary groups of animation data

[java]private AnimData targeting;[/java]

[java] targeting = (AnimData) assetManager.loadAsset("assets/Models/hitman/hitmanAnimData.skeleton.xml");

ArrayList<Animation> targetAnims = targeting.anims;

for(int i=0;i<targetAnims.size();i++){
Animation anims = targetAnims.get(i);
animationControl.addAnim(anims);
}[/java]
@erlend_sh said:
Great. Any question you have about how to do stuff on the wiki, just ask.

I did some reading and I understand how to create pages.

should I add the video to jme3:advanced:animation or make a new page?
@stevie said:
should I add the video to jme3:advanced:animation or make a new page?

I was thinking jme3:beginner:hello_asset. @zathras might be able to settle this ^^

Sure add it. What is the difference betwene the existing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdjC9sCRV0s and your blender to jme3 though ogre XML - YouTube ? They have the same title, but are done by different people. I can’t judge which is better, currently we’re linking to either.