Video Card Selection

This is a little different from my question in the “General” board. As I said there, I got some money to build a new computer, and I am selecting components. I haven’t bought a new video card in… a really long time! So, I just wanted a little advice. I can’t spend more than $200 on the card (I have to save some money so I can get a better processor.) I am considering the GeForce FX5900 XT with 128 MB RAM, as it is within my price range and seems to have good reviews. Does anyone have this card? I don’t want to start a debate or anything, just want some other opinions. So, just post if you have an opinion! :slight_smile: Thanks!

I just got a version of this card for a new machine. No problems with it (even works well in linux). I haven’t tried jME with it yet, though. Honestly, I can’t imagine there will be any problems. nVidia’s driver support is really very good.

Sorry I can’t be of more help.

–K

Arrggg… I forgot to log in! And I meant mojomonk helped me out, not mojomonkey (though I think that is an easy mistake to make!) :wink:

it was supposed to be mojomonkey… but when I set up the account it only supported 8 characters. I just never fixed it.

The FX5900 XT is a real nice card for its money.

It has a 256 bit memory interface which seem to give it decent speed over many cards with higher clock rates and common 128 bit interfaces.

I have one and never had any problems with it on win98 and linux.