Video Card

What

Any videocard with decent OpenGL support should be enough to run jME. More specifically, it has to be good enough to run LWJGL, which is the OpenGL binding jME uses.

Often it's more an issue of having good drivers, rather than having a lot of horsepower.

I'd say as a practical (recommended) lower limit, try to have something at least the equivalent of a GeForce 4.

Well it depends on the game you're making of course, in terms of performance…

But I've used jME on a Geforce2 and TNT2 for quite a while, and you can still do some fun things with that. (Of course, some Geforce4 are really a Geforce2, so not sure what Mojo means by that)

I run JME on my video card GeForce2 and it runs pretty smoothly. But when I run it on a intel 965 chipset, with support OpenGl, JME says: cannot find pixel format valid…

The Intel chipsets are pure crap. It's mostly the drivers to blame, make sure you have the latest drivers and see if that helps.

hunter said:

I run JME on my video card GeForce2 and it runs pretty smoothly. But when I run it on a intel 965 chipset, with support OpenGl, JME says: cannot find pixel format valid...

Unfortunatly there's a difference between videocards/chipsets that "support OpenGL" and that support OpenGL. In your case you really should get the latest drivers.

I could not agree more. The chipset is really awnfull… :stuck_out_tongue:

Thx a lot guys