Video Tutorials Needed

Only thing I found was this

http://jmonkeyengine.org/2970/we-are-now-accepting-donations/

I would be wary as it’s a 3 year old site, so I would hope @pspeed @Momoko_Fan or another core member could comment, to make sure it’s still legit…

I would also like to donate soon.

1 Like

For what it’s worth, I just found this channel when looking up “SpiderMonkey” for myself

He has multiple playlists fll of JME stuff.

Intro Tutorials, Shaders, Networking, etc.

Here’s so more with T0neGodGui, basic tips, video game programming tips, etc

and many more with the click of a link…

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#tbm=vid&q=JMonkeyEngine+tutorial

There are plenty of tutorials out there, definitely a lot of good ones, and I think I’ll check some out myself, since I haven’t tried to search for these before…

1 Like

I’m not sure if that link is still valid but I see no reason that it wouldn’t be. @erlend_sh is the real master of that stuff.

I will say that it’s important to understand that donating to that link doesn’t affect what we work on since we (individuals) don’t see that money at all. It’s meant to cover standard central maintenance type stuff like buying SSL certs, covering server costs, or whatever.

So, while I feel a little weird mentioning this here as it otherwise has nothing to do with the thread, I’d feel remiss if I didn’t point out that some of us do have patreon pages (or similar). Hopefully my link is hard to miss on my ‘projects’ page but I feel a little weird posting a link to patreon directly in this thread.

Since we are just adding videos about jmonkey, I would like to make an tribute to this great engine and post an old video :

I would like to see an upgrade in this video , I never saw an project represented in an video like that, beeing an big open source project just make this video more beatifull.

1 Like

The first thing I would like to say is that I have some professional experience in writing documentation - both in Javadoc and in training or tutorial material - relating to business logic and data storage for large scale Java based web applications and I would be more than happy to put the time and effort into helping to develop the quantity and quality of the supporting material that currently exists. In short, I am happy to put my time where my mouth is. :smile:

I was able to do that professionally as I had many years of experience in teams developing large scale, non-trivial web applications using J2EE and so I knew what I was talking about and where I didn’t know, I knew enough to ask the right people the right questions and then present the right answers in an understandable form.

Even though I am happy to donate my experience and skills in this area to the JME3 project, my concern is that in the domain of 3D computer game development, I am essentially a beginner. I have many years Java coding experience within other domains but not game development. As I lack the technical knowledge and game development experience, I cannot write the material myself as it is not my domain.

I could however write the material given support from those who have the experience in this domain. Attempting this alone would take a long time - probably too long. I have experience of managing remote teams and so, with a small team of volunteer co-writers, I could manage the process of developing the documentation and tutorials for the JME3 project.

If anyone is interested in finding out the strengths and weaknesses I have found relating to the existing documentation and how I would go about organising an effort to develop the material, then let me know and I am happy to expand in this thread or another more suitable one.

2 Likes

This software is called gource if I remember right, feel free to create a new one :wink:
http://gource.io

I guess pick an area you are interested in improving. Ask questions on the forum. Improve the docs as you see fit. That’s pretty much how the other pro doc writer did what she did.

Is this other pro doc writer still active? If so, who is she?

Not sure what her status is. She (@zathras) wrote the first JME book and much/most of the other wiki documentation.