Virtual Reality library architecture discussion (continued from OpenVR Available. Convert?)

I hear you. What frustrates me, as someone who is trying to do some project management, is trying to tackle one problem at a time. I want to get OpenVR distortion working & restructuring slips in and takes over the discussion. As I said 5 hours ago, “after distortion is working, we can then evaluate changes to the VRapplication and other structures on its own merits.”

2 hours later, I restated “We don’t have OpenVR distortion working yet, but are close. Then, we need to get tracked input working. Let’s focus on those pieces, which are far more needed for progress than structural changes (e.g. “don’t fix what isn’t broken”).”

I’m trying to fix OpenVR distortion, that is our current task for the OpenVR library. Throwing restructuring discussion in the middle is just throwing a wrench in the gears at this point. We don’t know what the library will look like when it works, or exactly what it requires for elegant jME3 integration. Let’s discuss that when the library works & we have time to spare to make things pretty.

I’m putting off further replies about refactoring this library, because this library doesn’t work yet.