VolatileZapper

ok, try it now. Ive sped up the ship alot. the bullet is also faster.

You can use the ESC to escape too.

The aliens stay on the ground for 3 secs after they decided to go kamakazi and then go back to randomness. Is that ok?

DP

Yupp, much nicer!

The aliens stay on the ground for 3 secs after they decided to go kamakazi and then go back to randomness. Is that ok?
Although this works I think it would be more fun if they descended at a lower speed so that you would have to hurry in order to intercept them, and if you fail in doing that you would have to deal with the alien staying there for 10 secs or so.

Overall it feels really nice and smooth :) gw!

Oh and btw, could you tell a little more about the AI part of it?

The AI:

Each alien is controlled by 1 CombinedSM machine (my invention :D) which regulates the state it is in, and how far it is in that state. There are two states, random, and kamakazi. Kamakazi is when the alien goes down towards the ship.

Each alien has 2 listeners. The first is an event to fire when the alien is dead. The second is to increase the alien’s difficulty.

The bullet has 2 listeners also. The first it to add an AgentAction to it and move it upwards. The second is when a collision has occured between the bullet and the alien.

And the player has two listeners also. Left and right key presses fire those off

Most of those listeners set AgentActions to their entities. And one of them send a message to that entity to modify local variables.

And thats pretty much the AI.

Ive actually got the machine gun in my local copy, im going to add some sideway missiles and then upload :slight_smile:

DP

the faster ship is a big improvement. i can finally catch the ships as they decend. 8)

i am getting about 360-380 with a clear screen and it drops to about 160-180 with a screen full of badies

win xp, 1.2 duron :?, 768mb ram, geforce fx 5200 ultra vid card

and did you notice you can go up and down now? :stuck_out_tongue:

DP

Neat game. ~250+FPS.

When moving left/right if I press up at the same time, I don’t go up. What a user would expect is to move diagonally when that happens.

sure, il add diagonal movement in. I thought the old arcade games didn’t let you have diagonal movement?

DP

If not, it may be nice if it used the "last" direction key I pressed.