Wanna help

well if you are dealing with a human character you want a sight radius of atleast 145 degrees which ofcourse must always be represent the front of the character and fire rays from the character to the player once the player falls into the area of influence to determine whether the player can be seen, my question is how do you represent "angular area" in a volumetric way.

well thats my idea damn if I know how to code it though

@mcbeth

yes rays would be the logical thing to do but wouldn't it be alot cheaper to use a table and check on every update if something is in your field of view

example being

charactor:pos(0,0,0)dir(0,0,1) facing Z+

does it's look up for anything in between (1,1,1)top right

(1,0,1)bottom right

(-1,1,1)top left

(-1,0,1)bottom left

i guess you could also use that ray idea senting rays between all of those but sounds ineffective and time consuming because if it does find something then it still have to look it up. 

started debuggin that code today just to let you know mcbeth

okay cool have you taken a look at cream's stuff in the wiki it looks good as well perhaps both can be combined to come up with something concrete, I like DP properties file thing though it was influenced by an article read can't find the post though had a link :frowning:

ya i ran into a bit of a problem the UI is nolonger apart of jme and he has a UI progress loader i wonder if it'd be easier to just throw it out instead of re making it because i know nothing about programming UI i'll fix everything else and i might include the UI files needed from a old jme release but if somebody wants to go ahead and fix the whole thing feel free to.

::edit::

talking about the example files ^^ kinda left you guys in the dark and just went on blabbing

sounds like we got an idea to field of view but would that beable to do Obstacle Avoidance?

never mind that obstacle aviodance is really requires how the map is gonna work

http://www.jmonkeyengine.com/wiki/doku.php?id=jmonkey_related_ai_project_aigama

sorry but i think u don't wanted me to participate so i deleted link ^^

Cream said:

http://www.jmonkeyengine.com/wiki/doku.php?id=jmonkey_related_ai_project_aigama

sorry but i think u don't wanted me to participate so i deleted link ^^

why wouldn't I want your help cream, I'm really no programmer I just know how to get my way arround jme ..........some what! have you taken a look at the code yet you did express an interest in seeing it there is good stuff in there as well as good stuff from you, what is needed is one concrete workable solution........... so then say something.
wakeboardin said:

ya i ran into a bit of a problem the UI is nolonger apart of jme and he has a UI progress loader i wonder if it'd be easier to just throw it out instead of re making it because i know nothing about programming UI i'll fix everything else and i might include the UI files needed from a old jme release but if somebody wants to go ahead and fix the whole thing feel free to.

talking about the example files ^^ kinda left you guys in the dark and just went on blabbing

the ui was never implimented so u can delete it the example will work somewhat, what is need is to figure out why nothing displays

hehe

i thought you were experienced and my approach now is understanding the concepts

for that i want to show what i have learned on the wiki

if i am through this i can think of things like some implementation

yet it's only basic challenging for me so feel free to join the wiki for your purposes.

Makes it easier for me to get in if i reach what i need.

For now i am not implementing ai, only thinking of what's all needed.

Then there comes the framework.

the UIprogessbar class is an extension of jmex.ui.UIobject (i'm woking on compiling it and getting everything working not to render problems yet)