Warning unsupported modifiers

So, i’m getting these

Unsupported modifier type: SubsurfModifierData Unsupported modifier type: EdgeSplitModifierData Unsupported modifier type: BevelModifierData

Which although self-explanatory, it says ‘warning’ and yet the model fails to load entirely? Is this meant to happen?

Do these mean the model can’t be used at all? I’ve tried removing them from blender and removing every modifier I can find and yet, these still seem to be there somewhere…

I’ve always found if I apply the modifier and save the blend file then it imports fine.

(Keeping a copy of the original of course).

1 Like
<cite>@zarch said:</cite> I've always found if I apply the modifier and save the blend file then it imports fine.

(Keeping a copy of the original of course).

Hey, cheers for the reply Zach.

Sorry, i’m not entirely sure what you mean there. The blender file is saved! :). I was going to file->Import Model

Does that mean that these particular modifiers shouldn’t actually be causing a problem?

In blender if you go into the properties of the modifier there is a way to “apply” it. That changes the mesh based on the modifier setup and then removes the modifier.

In the past I’ve found that if you do that for all the modifiers then the new blend file should import.

1 Like

Yes, the final image you see in blender is a result of modifiers and metadata, only meshes, uv-mapped textures and bone animations work for live rendering in jME, so you have to “bake” any other modifiers. The importer can handle some but it will never be able to handle all of themas they change and new ones get added in blender.

2 Likes

Completely didn’t realise that! Thankyou!

You might already know, so, just in case:

1. Select all objects
  2. Alt + C “Mesh from Curve/…”

That will apply all modifiers.

2 Likes

Currently the blender importer supports the following:
Armature modifier
Array modifier
Mirror modifier
Particles modifier

If you use any other then the warning will appear. I hope to be able to add more in the future but untill then do as @zarch said - apply them to your model :slight_smile:

If you do not apply the modifier that blender importer does not support then the loaded model will look like you had never applied the modification.

Late reply here but thank you that’s so good to know :smiley: