Water effect doesn't work

Hello !

I've checked out yesterday the code from the cvs, and try to play with the water effects, but it doesn't work. If I try to execute  jmetest.effects.water.TestQuadWater (or the TestProjectedWater) it throws the following exception:

[pre]

org.lwjgl.opengl.OpenGLException: Invalid operation (1282)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.Util.checkGLError(Util.java:56)

at com.jmex.effects.water.WaterRenderPass.reloadShader(Unknown Source)

at com.jmex.effects.water.WaterRenderPass.initialize(Unknown Source)

at com.jmex.effects.water.WaterRenderPass.<init>(Unknown Source)

at jmetest.effects.water.TestQuadWater.simpleInitGame(TestQuadWater.java:151)

at com.jme.app.BaseSimpleGame.initGame(Unknown Source)

at com.jme.app.SimplePassGame.initGame(Unknown Source)

at com.jme.app.BaseGame.start(Unknown Source)

at jmetest.effects.water.TestQuadWater.main(TestQuadWater.java:81)[/pre]

It works but instead of a nice looking water effect, only a big black thing is visible in place of the water. Any clue what to do?

I'm on Linux, with a relativly modern GPU: NVIDIA Corporation - GeForce 7600 GT/PCI/SSE2 - 2.1.0 NVIDIA 97.55

Strange, the test on my machine works fine - but in my game - its got a red glow to it ??

got that once when my card was accidentally set to 16 bits…

I have problems with water effect too. I dont wkow how to describe it, bu i will copy part of console here:

INFO: Child (refractionQuad) attached to this node (quadNode)
15.7.2007 15:53:40 com.jme.scene.Node attachChild
INFO: Child (quadNode) attached to this node (rootNode)
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected reply from glCheckFramebufferStatusEXT: 36061
   at com.jme.renderer.lwjgl.LWJGLTextureRenderer.checkFBOComplete(LWJGLTextureRenderer.java:433)
   at com.jme.renderer.lwjgl.LWJGLTextureRenderer.render(LWJGLTextureRenderer.java:384)
   at com.jme.renderer.lwjgl.LWJGLTextureRenderer.render(LWJGLTextureRenderer.java:325)
   at com.jmex.effects.water.WaterRenderPass.renderReflection(WaterRenderPass.java:459)
   at com.jmex.effects.water.WaterRenderPass.doRender(WaterRenderPass.java:325)
   at com.jme.renderer.pass.Pass.renderPass(Pass.java:90)
   at com.jme.renderer.pass.BasicPassManager.renderPasses(BasicPassManager.java:89)
   at com.jme.app.SimplePassGame.render(SimplePassGame.java:81)
   at com.jme.app.BaseGame.start(BaseGame.java:80)
   at jmetest.effects.water.TestSimpleQuadWater.main(TestSimpleQuadWater.java:80)
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected reply from glCheckFramebufferStatusEXT: 36061
   at com.jme.renderer.lwjgl.LWJGLTextureRenderer.checkFBOComplete(LWJGLTextureRenderer.java:433)
   at com.jme.renderer.lwjgl.LWJGLTextureRenderer.render(LWJGLTextureRenderer.java:384)
   at com.jme.renderer.lwjgl.LWJGLTextureRenderer.render(LWJGLTextureRenderer.java:325)
   at com.jmex.effects.water.WaterRenderPass.renderRefraction(WaterRenderPass.java:486)
   at com.jmex.effects.water.WaterRenderPass.doRender(WaterRenderPass.java:331)
   at com.jme.renderer.pass.Pass.renderPass(Pass.java:90)
   at com.jme.renderer.pass.BasicPassManager.renderPasses(BasicPassManager.java:89)
   at com.jme.app.SimplePassGame.render(SimplePassGame.java:81)
   at com.jme.app.BaseGame.start(BaseGame.java:80)
org.lwjgl.opengl.OpenGLException: Invalid framebuffer operation (1286)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.Util.checkGLError(Util.java:56)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.swapBuffers(Display.java:555)
   at org.lwjgl.opengl.Display.update(Display.java:571)
   at com.jme.renderer.lwjgl.LWJGLRenderer.displayBackBuffer(LWJGLRenderer.java:458)
   at com.jme.app.BaseGame.start(BaseGame.java:83)
15.7.2007 15:53:48 com.jme.app.BaseSimpleGame cleanup
INFO: Cleaning up resources.
15.7.2007 15:53:48 com.jme.app.BaseGame start
INFO: Application ending.

Can someone help me to solve it?

That is a common problem, check this thread.