Way to get games made for Jme

I was thinking of ways to get games made for Jme and I came up with one possible way. We could have a contest for the best game made with jme. The reward could come form the donation money. It probity will not be anofe to get professional but it may attract hobbyists. I think that all calls to GL not thro jme should be agents the roles. I also think that developers and people in the top 5 count on the form should not be allowed to enter. What do you think?

I think that is an excellent idea.

If we do something like this, I think that jME will

get a lot more publisity and lead to a better engine.

I think that would be a great use of donation money. However, I would want to buy cool prizes for you guys, nothing crappy. (At least a GeForce 6800 GT), books, etc. So that would require around $1000 donated (I’ll contribute a couple hundred bucks if we get close). I’d want at least that much for a 1st place prize, 2nd place and 3rd place. It will basically require people to donate, which hasn’t happened yet (probably just haven’t given a reason to). I’d also hold back a hundred bucks for shipping to those outside of the US. (If they happen to win that is :wink: ).

We’d also want to have sign-ups to make sure there is enough interest to make it worth it.

I prefer time limit rules more than anything. We’d just have to decide criteria for judging.

But, first we’ll have to have money to see how much we have to work with and then intice people with prizes.

Anyways, good idea. I’m more than willing to spend donation money on this.

Ati is know for sporting open source game engines, maybe they will give us a card at discount in exchange for advertising.

A " RADEON X800 XT PLATINUM 256MB AGP" casts $499.00 from ati if you can some how convince them to give it to you at have off then it would be 250$ which seams to be in the couple of hundred dollars you were talking about. The nvida card may be cheaper.

By the way how much does jme have now?

A " RADEON X800 XT PLATINUM 256MB AGP" casts $499.00 from ati if you can some how convince them to give it to you at have off then it would be 250$ which seams to be in the couple of hundred dollars you were talking about. The nvida card may be cheaper.

I'll try to get ahold of someone from ATI, I'll also see about an Nvidia as the 6800 is supposed to be quite a bit better than the X800, especially with OpenGL.

By the way how much does jme have now?

$0

$20

$115.80

come on people! do you want to have this competition before 3004? :stuck_out_tongue:

Did ati listen?

If thay did then we have all we need for one prize. (115 +135 form mojo) = 250

135 form mojo

That seems very unrealistic from my POV as mojo wont be even competing as he, renanse and cep have to judge the winning entry!

DP

If the pot surpasses $500 (without the help of the judges) then I’ll donate $200 from my son’s college fund. :wink:

Oh hello sweetheart… Erm, what was that? No, I was kidding! Sorry! ouch!

Um, make that $200 from my game fund… wheew!

I’ll be throwing in a couple hundred dollars, but like Renanse, I’m only going to do it when the pot reaches a good size that we have enough funds to get decent prizes. And multiple prizes at that. Also, because many of your are across the Atlantic, the shipping charges are going to be high if one of you win it, so a couple hundred in reserve for shipping is needed.

Perhaps we should post this in the JGO forums?

DP

ATI def support open source game engines - they sponsor the Crystal Space site for example http://crystal.sourceforge.net/. I’d go straight to the PR department and beg - of course, it’d be necessary to put their logo on the site and possibly tweak some of the code to run faster on their chipsets but might be worth it.