We will be moving soon

As was briefly outlined a month ago when we addressed some serious flaws in our forum setup, we will soon be moving from bbPress to Discourse. Along w
[See the full post at: We will be moving soon]

4 Likes

GO MONKEYS GOOOOOO!!!

GG for level up !!

[Tribes Vengeance Heavy’s voice] AWESOME!
Does it me there will be no “hub.jmonkeyengine.org” site anymore?
I must admit I’m a bit lost at understanding the global architecture.

Great news anyways. I love changes.

@erlend_sh said: As was briefly outlined a month ago when we addressed some serious flaws in our forum setup, we will soon be moving from bbPress to Discourse. Along w<br />[See the full post at: We will be moving soon]

Out of curiousity, how comes you moved from SMF?

Wonderful.

@avpeacock said: Out of curiousity, how comes you moved from SMF?

Because you’re not allowed to modify it.

Lol, nice @Benjamin

@carpentier.ch said: Does it me there will be no "hub.jmonkeyengine.org" site anymore? I must admit I'm a bit lost at understanding the global architecture.
Heh, yeah, that'll be simplified too.

Forum will be nothing but forum from now on. Team pages, download page etc. will all be put on the root page, jmonkeyengine.org/…

Haven’t decided whether to keep using the hub sub-domain for our forum, or if it should be reverted to the traditional forum or something else entirely. Open to suggestions which I’ll blindly disregard when the time comes.

Well i would not use subdomains at all but rather /hub/ or /forum/
Why? simple if https ever gets enabled here, a simple certificate will do, no need for one with subdomains or wildcard.
-> And simple ones are even free.

@erlend_sh said: Heh, yeah, that'll be simplified too.

Forum will be nothing but forum from now on. Team pages, download page etc. will all be put on the root page, jmonkeyengine.org/…

Haven’t decided whether to keep using the hub sub-domain for our forum, or if it should be reverted to the traditional forum or something else entirely. Open to suggestions which I’ll blindly disregard when the time comes.

Well there you go. But watch out for the PR loss if you change the subdomain. Google generally does not like that too much, but it will come back after 3-6 months. But it will hurt the search engine results for a while, that’s for sure…

@normen said: Lol, nice @Benjamin

What does benjamin have to do with this conversation anyway? :stuck_out_tongue:

@.Ben. said: hat does benjamin have to do with this conversation anyway? :P

Nothing I guess, the forum doesn’t display user names anymore, its been in a steady decay since I stepped down as maintainer :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like
@normen said: Nothing I guess, the forum doesn't display user names anymore, its been in a steady decay since I stepped down as maintainer :p

+1’ed because… this Wordpress theme seriously begins to irritate me. It’s not about the fact that it’s Fugly. It’s more about I don’t even get subscribed to my own threads anymore, this is nonsense and probably drives hundreds of developpers away, thinking nobody ever replies to their topics. It just doesn’t make sense. That’s the problem with Wordpress, for every single basic thing you need a plugin, all of which are made by amateurs and at some point it makes the server crash because of poorly written MYSQL scripts, mem leaks, huge PHP arrays (not normalized), out of MYSQL sorting or within MYSQL sorting without indexes and such nonsense.

ANYHOW. My 2 cents :smiley: