WebStart Woes (and Debuggery)

I think that you should definitely have a /bin (and other directories under it, like "assets") in your jar.  If your project is set up correctly in Eclipse then you should see the same tree under bin as you do under src – complete with resources in the "assets" directory – the only difference being that instead of .java files you should see .class files.  Check your project set up and see if that's your problem.  Beyond this, you might want to set up a very simple test case (extend simplegame, load one model) and try to make that into a webstart – it might bring to light what the problem is with the project you are working with now.

I seem to be getting somewhere. I switched from using the built in eclipse "make runnable Jar" to using fatjar (after reading a few of your other posts)

Now I get this error but the app runs (just no textures show up)

WARNING: unable to setup texture directory.java.net.URISyntaxException: Illegal character in opaque part at index 22: jar:file:/C:/Documents and Settings/HP_Administrator/workspace/CubeMobile/www.fatjar4.com/CubeMobile_fat.jar!/cube/assets/

May 13, 2009 10:05:12 AM com.jme.scene.Node <init>

(note the exclamation mark after /CubeMobile_fat.jar )

Here is the code I am using

try {

ResourceLocatorTool.addResourceLocator(

ResourceLocatorTool.TYPE_TEXTURE,

new SimpleResourceLocator(CubeMobile.class.getClassLoader().getResource("cube/assets/")));

} catch (URISyntaxException e1) {        

System.out.println("WARNING: unable to setup texture directory." + e1);        

//  logger.log(Level.WARNING, "unable to setup texture directory.", e1);

}

I feel like I'm really close. Any ideas ? :?

Only a guess, try a complete path without blanks… (The first blank is at index 22)

Regards,

Snare

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: All good now!  Moved my workspace so it wasn't under "documents and settings" and it works flawlessly now. Thanks guys I owe you all a pint!

CH