Weekly Game Challange

Another good looking, well polished game done in a fraction of the time it would take me! I do have 1 complaint, the apples can spawn on your snake, which isn’t game breaking but does seem a little odd to me. Everything else seems super polished, especially for 5 hours!

2 Likes

Ok thanks.
It still has lots of bugs.
I will now start dev on Low Gravity game but I don’t really know what to make.
I need to brain storm a bit on this. Hehehehe

EDIT: Any ideas???

1 Like

I’m making a Lunar Lander clone. Other good, low-g yet simple games: Defender, Moon Patrol, Missile Strike

2 Likes

Cool nice idea.
I think I will make something where the player has some sort of Jet Pack on and needs to navigate somewhere.

1 Like

Ok, I wanted to do some small projects and this gave me the motivation I needed. Thanks QSDragon!
I made a small game not based on any other game I know, I named it Stockolor. I wont explain how to play, hopefully I should not need to, just remember the keys ASD.
Download Link

What do you think?

1 Like

@xuan That is a neat game! I like the use of rgb colors, it’s really intuitive until the target bars start coming in quick and you’re trying to remember what colors to mix while also getting under the bar. Thanks for sharing!

I also finished my game for the week. Lunar lander, has a couple bugs but I’m burnt out. I just realized I didn’t even do audio this time :frowning: I might touch it up in the morning before I think up next weeks theme and get started. It is finished as far as game play is concerned.

Click to download.

1 Like

This is a very cool game.
I like it.

1 Like

Thanks, I’m glad you liked it.
I’ve played with the idea before but I couldn’t make it work well until now.

I liked your games too, the lander brought me some nostalgia, good implementation!
The snake is nice, I wish it used the four direction keys instead of just turning.

What will be this week’s theme?

1 Like

Heh, I just played the asteroids clone. Really nice, well done!

2 Likes

Hey @xuan,
Thanks for the nice words and would you know it, I changed the controls of the snake to up down left and right after my son played it he preferred the arrow directional keys.

I don’t have a clue what this weeks theme will be but I am actually still busy with the Low Gravity theme.
I am almost done. I am sure @QSDragon will be here soon to announce something… :wink:

Stay tuned…

1 Like

This weeks theme, courtesy of my wife, “Memes”.
Confused? So was I. I suggest finding a funny meme character and running wild. Meme face, tiny trump, doge or laser face are all easy choices. Maybe you know a niche meme that’s perfect for video games (Drive me closer so I can hit them with my sword?)
Have fun :wink:

1 Like

Whahahaha, this could be fun…
I need to finish the previous one first.
:frowning:

1 Like

Me right now:

…that’s my meme game. Done. :slight_smile:

Edit: just saw the typo… d’oh. Fixed

5 Likes

:chimpanzee_closedlaugh: That actually gave me a good laugh. Have to say it’s abit lacking with the controls, graphics are alright though.

1 Like

Theme: LOW GRAVITY
Game name: Lunar Lander
Game link: LunarLander.zip - Google Drive
Main goal: In this game you control a lunar vessel and you need to land successfully on the landing zone.
Before that can be achieved you first need to collect all the power cells.
Don’t touch the surface as you will explode.
Do this in the fastest time possible.

Screenshot:

1 Like

61 seconds. Cool concept, I like the asteroid rotating beneath you as you fly around. It’s cool how you did the terrain from a photo, makes a really neat effect as you spin around. The stationary background kinda makes it seem like the asteroid is spinning and you’re stationary, but on the same note having everything spin might lead to some serious motion sickness. Overall I enjoyed it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks.
Did you finish anything for this week?
I also want to try or test other games.

1 Like

I made a lunar lander clone Weekly Game Challange - #26 by QSDragon I forgot to do audio, but then I though theres no sound in space so I’m covered :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

:stuck_out_tongue: I am sorry, I missed that post.
I tried it and it is really hard. Man when you start rotating everything gets wonkers.
Very good job with the collision detection.

1 Like

I opted for torque instead of setting the rotation. With setting the rotation I felt it was too easy. I realize now it is VERY hard. I had tons of trouble, but all the practice/debugging helped. It’s more fun being hard, makes victory sweeter!

2 Likes