Weird camera Blackscreen

Hi,

I’ve been playing with jme3 for a few weeks, learning how it works with tutos and tests.

Once i understood the basics, i wanted to go deeper, so i took the MonkeyZone project

and i’ve been playing with it, modifying things…

I’ve ran into a problem i can’t understand.

Sometimes, the camera show only a blackscreen with my GUI when i look in certain directions.

I tried to comment every Camera code to see if the problem was the same with the flyCam.

It is : when i look to the sky, it’s ok, but when i look to the ground or to the horizon, the screen stays black…

I tried to run the ChaseCam test and it runs ok, no blackscreens…

I’ve surely made a mistake somewhere, but i can’t figure what :confused:

Does anyone have any idea about what could possibly cause that?

cam.setFrustumFar()?

Thanks for the answer.

I’ve tried various settings for cam.setFrustumFar(), from 1 to 10 000 000…

With 1, and low values, i d’ont see anything. With higher values, the problem stays the same, i can only look to the sky…

Sometimes, the camera show only a blackscreen with my GUI when i look in certain directions.

What's "your GUI"? Did the game work before you modify it?

My GUI is a nifty GUI showing some text sent by the server :

the server broadcasts “1 o’clock”…“2 o’clock”… and so on.

and the GUI shows “1 o’clock”…“2 o’clock”…

Therefore, my problem appeared a lot later, i’ve.

So you broke the game :P.

Too bad ^^

Thank you for your time anyway :slight_smile:

I have same problem… Problem is not this! I have two Nodes (rootNode and sceneNode => sceneNode is attachet to root; root complain “game” and scene “object created scene like trees”). Black screen will show when camera don’t look at object in rootNode => game stop rendering! But i don’t know how fix it… i’m finding.

If your problem is not this, why post in the thread!? Really, why!? :?

1 Like

because he have same problem! I only post what can be the reason that can explain it!!! So don’t be angry and help us :slight_smile:

If your object that is attached to the rootNode is far from it (the origin of the rootNode) that object might be culled because of the distance. So you end up with with an object that should be on screen but because the node is out of the frustum it’s culled.

Try using

rootNote.setCullHint(CullHint.Never);

2 Likes

Could be a bounding shape issue, also. There are several things that could be wrong but we’ll only be guessing without a test case or some code to look at.

Maybe try creating a new topic with the right information for us to help.

@madjack said:
If your object that is attached to the rootNode is far from it (the origin of the rootNode) that object might be culled because of the distance. So you end up with with an object that should be on screen but because the node is out of the frustum it's culled.

Try using

rootNote.setCullHint(CullHint.Never);

Damn gods... You are right! But i don't understand how is this possible... Few code before was everything OK and i tried hide this new code.
You save me... THX THX THX... my game can be castaway! THX

If that worked then for some reason your object’s bounding shape is incorrect.