Weird model rotation issue

Ok, so the .obj file works as far as rotation goes…

Actually the ORGE export converted to .j3o has same issue.

Is there a way to solve that? It won’t let me open .mesh.xml in editor.

Or is there a way to solve .obj vertex coloring issues? Not supported…

Need to solve one or the other. HAHA!

When you print the model rotation are you printing the world rotation or the local rotation?

Your problem is definitely strange. I’d almost start to wonder if the model you are loading in code is the same one you are loading in the SDK… but I don’t know how they could be different.

Edit: and your latest post probably negates that possibility, too.

@gemurdock said: Ok, so the .obj file works as far as rotation goes...

Actually the ORGE export converted to .j3o has same issue.

Is there a way to solve that? It won’t let me open .mesh.xml in editor.

Or is there a way to solve .obj vertex coloring issues? Not supported…

Need to solve one or the other. HAHA!

Is the original an obj?

If so then it’s definitely something that blender is doing that we aren’t detecting. I mean, if both ogre and .blend are messing up in similar ways then blender is the only thing in common other than your code.

@pspeed said: Is the original an obj?

If so then it’s definitely something that blender is doing that we aren’t detecting. I mean, if both ogre and .blend are messing up in similar ways then blender is the only thing in common other than your code.

Nope your right. It is out of your hands. I am going to contact the guy that does OGRE or ORGE… w/e it is. HAHA!

You all have done a great job btw and thanks for the support! Hope one day I can learn enough to help out.

Edit: The file I loaded in the beginning was a coverted .mesh.xml. When I opened in SDK it could have very well been the converted .obj file.

@gemurdock said: Nope your right. It is out of your hands. I am going to contact the guy that does OGRE or ORGE... w/e it is. HAHA!

You all have done a great job btw and thanks for the support! Hope one day I can learn enough to help out.

Edit: The file I loaded in the beginning was a coverted .mesh.xml. When I opened in SDK it could have very well been the converted .obj file.

ah.

Have you ever tried loading the .blend file directly? Sorry if I missed that above.

@pspeed said: ah.

Have you ever tried loading the .blend file directly? Sorry if I missed that above.

Says it does not have loader… so it won’t work.

Tried to convert it again and failed.

Its fine, so long as I can do everything with .obj I will just learn UV Mapping. Need to anyways. HAHA. :slight_smile:

Another thing you might try is dumping the whole scene graph and its transforms… at least at first the world transforms of all Geometry.

[java]
rootNode.depthFirstTraversal( new SceneGraphVisitorAdapter() {
public void visit( Geometry geom ) {
System.out.println( “Geom:” + geom + " World rotation:" + geom.getWorldRotation() );
}
});
[/java]

@gemurdock said: Says it does not have loader... so it won't work.

Tried to convert it again and failed.

Its fine, so long as I can do everything with .obj I will just learn UV Mapping. Need to anyways. HAHA. :slight_smile:

So, just making sure I’m clear:
You have already tried converting the .blend to .j3o and the ogre mesh to .j3o… and both fail in a similar way.

I will try that tomorrow.

Also .blend will not convert to .j3o and it will not open in program. At least the .mesh.xml will convert and open in program.

@gemurdock said: I will try that tomorrow.

Also .blend will not convert to .j3o and it will not open in program. At least the .mesh.xml will convert and open in program.

What error do you get?

…that might be the thread to pull to figure out what is strange about the model. Also, if you haven’t said already, which version of JME are you running? 3.0.4?