What happened to the Jmonkey book?

Hello,

What happened to the JMonkey 3 book which was scheduled to be released early 2012 ?

Thanks,

The book was finished and handed off to the publisher some time ago (6 months?), but the editing process is taking a lot of time, a lot longer than was expected. Release date is still TBC, I don’t think it will be in the foreseeable future. But rest assured it will come out eventually :slight_smile:

It’s being edited/reviewed right now. There was a period of several months where we didn’t hear from Pakt, but now there is a new editor and the gears are grinding again. I do not know the release date.

oh !

The book enters production tomorrow if everything goes as planned.

1 Like

ignore the spam bot above me, the server keeps deleting him but through some errors in server administration, he manages to break back in :slight_smile:

I suggest you read all of the tutorials as they are maintained by the same author of the book (among others), and are EXTREMELY good, hehe :slight_smile:

3 Likes

http://www.disenthral.com/files/pakt_jme3book.png

How’s that for you @wezrule ?

It. Enters. Productions. Tomorrow.

Period.

2 Likes

Now gimme my thumb up that you stole @wezrule NOAW! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

ummmm I don’t think that is true. I believe @zathras is still reworking some things as of yesterday.

1 Like
@madjack said:

http://www.disenthral.com/files/pakt_jme3book.png

How's that for you @wezrule ?

It. Enters. Productions. Tomorrow.

Period.

o rly? :P this court injuction proves otherwise im afraid
http://i.imgur.com/Z29Tl.png

and I did thumbs you up ;)
1 Like
@Sploreg said:
ummmm I don't think that is true. I believe @zathras is still reworking some things as of yesterday.

I can forward you the email I got this morning. :P

Even if Zathras is still working on some parts of the book, I'm sure the first chapters are wrapped up. They do have to start somewhere. Anyway, you might be right, but the email I got from Michelle says otherwise. :)

Packt is already applying my “sure, we do that tomorrow” idea to get rid of “are we there yet” spam :wink:

@normen said:
Packt is already applying my "sure, we do that tomorrow" idea to get rid of "are we there yet" spam ;)

What? Are there trolls in the publishing business too? :P

Actually they also told me “in production tomorrow” :-o I don’t know what that means, but it does NOT mean that the book is being printed or anything. Probably like a “release candidate” milestone build :slight_smile:

Guess it means that they go through their checklists and make the (non-first drafts) of files just perfect so they could print it as soon as they are all there. (as mad jack said)

But I’m indeed still going through reviewer comments – I have a day job, so this will still be a several weeks. I don’t know why we lost three months in spring.

Pagination formatting and other things preceding printing is my guess.

@Zathras I think there are a couple of comments I put where I realized a bit after sending the review that I was a bit on the left field. Sry. :wink:

@madjack said:
Pagination formatting and other things preceding printing is my guess.

@Zathras I think there are a couple of comments I put where I realized a bit after sending the review that I was a bit on the left field. Sry. ;)

Was it anything along the lines of "How you import plz give me code"? :p
1 Like
@sbook said:
Was it anything along the lines of "How you import plz give me code"? :p

Not quite. ;)

Hm, none of the reviews says “madjack”, so I don’t know which one is yours. :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually, hold on, I need to look up what “left fields” means first…

Hm. Seems to be a baseball metaphor for…

a position of ignorance, error, or confusion: he's so far out in left field that even his followers are embarrassed.

Hehe... I'm European, dude, can't you say something more obvious like... "I scored an own goal there" like everyone else does? ;) :D
@zathras said:
Hm, none of the reviews says "madjack", so I don't know which one is yours. :P

DR in some parts. Full (real) name in others. Depends which format they sent... :|

Hehe... I'm European, dude, can't you say something more obvious like... "I scored an own goal there" like everyone else does? ;) :D

I'll do that when you guys (Europeans) stop referring to soccer as football. ;)

Simple question wich one is played with the foot … … … (Americans)