What I'm currently working on

Just want to keep people up to date, in case someone is wondering whether or not I remember their bug report or request they made.

I’ve been slowly but surely working on a themes pack for the library. Basically a jar full of alternate styles you can use while developing apps. Either permanently… or as a more genre suited placeholder while you’re developing.

During this process… I’ve been trying to fix things I know where outstanding and also catching things I wasn’t aware of until trying to apply new themes.

A couple of the catches that have likely been outstanding for quite a while:

• Dropdown lists now take into account textPadding and menuPadding
  • Dropdown list highlights should also take this into account now.
  • Buttons should finally reset to the original font color when onLoseFocus is triggered. (real forehead slap on this one… I actually had quite a bit of trouble figure this out /sigh… even worse… I thought I had fixed this but there is no way I could have–after finding the actual problem)
  • Added screen level focus resets for certain element actions (like hide/show)
  • Scroll bar gap should finally be showing up properly. It took me a while to track down what went wrong with this /sigh #2

And a slue of other minor things no one probably noticed that were irritating me.

Oh… also, I finally have a library specific test case for the odd picking issue that crops up with buttons now and then. This one is reliably reproduce-able. Unfortunately, it is showing that picking doesn’t always return results in the proper order… I’m going to take this and try and put together a test case that does not use the library to show the issue, but this will likely not get fixed (as I can’t cry enough to the CollisionResults class to make it return them closest to furthest) until I can verify the results in a simple test case.

Anyways… none of these updates are available yet. The new ScrollPanel hasn’t been pushed out yet (aside from to the repo) and it likely will be a few more days before any of these are. Though, I did want people to know that these things are getting resolved and along with them getting resolved, I’ll have the start of a theme library for people to use (this is the cool part).

Thanks for listening to me babble… /wave

5 Likes

Thank you so much for your lib
(and the theme lib is also a very cool idea)

1 Like

Love the theme lib idea (being artistically challenged).

Thought you might be interested about this (no rush):

• disabling buttons doesn’t stop them from triggering click events (enable/disable should probably call the ignoreMouse method)
  • I found no higher level method for asking the control tab what tab is selected or forcing it to select a specific tab (from a nbr, probably).
1 Like
@loopies said: Love the theme lib idea (being artistically challenged).

Thought you might be interested about this (no rush):

• disabling buttons doesn’t stop them from triggering click events (enable/disable should probably call the ignoreMouse method)
  • I found no higher level method for asking the control tab what tab is selected or forcing it to select a specific tab (from a nbr, probably).

setEnabled… or setIsEnabled or whatever isn’t working properly? I’ll add this is the list for today… seems rather important if I remember my enabled/disabled properly :wink:
And good catch… I was actually thinking about overhauling this completely anyways as I don’t like the cheap ass out I took for visuals!

1 Like

Thought I should post a couple screens of a theme or two…

I’ll post more later… busy morning today…

3 Likes

The blue one is pretty cool :smiley:

2 Likes

@t0neg0d That thing is amazing!!! You just made me switch guis right now.

1 Like
@Pixelapp said: @t0neg0d That thing is amazing!!! You just made me switch guis right now.
Yeah t0neg0d is a boss, best GUI IMO.
1 Like
@JacobAmaral said: Yeah t0neg0d is a boss, best GUI IMO.

Yes I’m going to start using her gui because hers supports touch screens best, with her on-screen joysticks and all that.

Incidentally, your Fallout-looking UI reminded me that I was working on a “steampunk” style as an alternative to Lemur’s built in “glass” style. To that end, I had found an open source nixie tube font and added some glow to it. I checked it in…and maybe it’s useful to you:
https://jmonkeyplatform-contributions.googlecode.com/svn-history/r1467/trunk/Lemur/src/com/simsilica/lemur/style/base/fonts/nixie-one24.fnt
https://jmonkeyplatform-contributions.googlecode.com/svn-history/r1467/trunk/Lemur/src/com/simsilica/lemur/style/base/fonts/nixie-one24_0.png

I still plan to tweak it a little to add the traces and stuff… and probably push a larger alternate size. If you end up using it then let me know and I will post back if I update it.

Edit: original TTF was here if you’d rather build your own: http://www.dafont.com/nixie-one.font

1 Like
@pspeed said: Incidentally, your Fallout-looking UI reminded me that I was working on a "steampunk" style as an alternative to Lemur's built in "glass" style. To that end, I had found an open source nixie tube font and added some glow to it. I checked it in...and maybe it's useful to you: https://jmonkeyplatform-contributions.googlecode.com/svn-history/r1467/trunk/Lemur/src/com/simsilica/lemur/style/base/fonts/nixie-one24.fnt https://jmonkeyplatform-contributions.googlecode.com/svn-history/r1467/trunk/Lemur/src/com/simsilica/lemur/style/base/fonts/nixie-one24_0.png

I still plan to tweak it a little to add the traces and stuff… and probably push a larger alternate size. If you end up using it then let me know and I will post back if I update it.

Edit: original TTF was here if you’d rather build your own: Nixie One Font | dafont.com

Really cool! I haven’t gotten to updating fonts, cursors, ui sounds and such… but this looks awesome!

@kobRoah said: The blue one is pretty cool :D

This one uses something that was requested by @rockfire (texture repeating). I’m still trying to get this to work properly with atlasing, though… I might have to opt to disable atlas use on anything that enabled texture repeating.

It is not possible to repeat the texture then “bake” it into the atlas ? That will contraint the element where the the texture is to be static (no resize) and have the user know the texture tilling parameter before creating the windows… At the end this could be nice for some stuff like almost every game menu since when you create/open a windows you don’t rezize it afterwhile. I’m just throwing that randomly, i’ve didn’t messed yet with the atlas either in jme or in the gui, so i don’t know much on how atlas are handled or work in detail as i dono how you handle the tiling right now :stuck_out_tongue: . Keep it up.

About the blue style the thing i like the most on it is the outlining, the gradient, the gui does not pop into you eyes, information are readeable faster than other style, personnal opinion of course. :smiley:

1 Like

Where does one find this library?

Does it include the ability to do a drag and drop(ie and inventory GUI)?

Thanks for making this.

1 Like
@gbluntzer said: Where does one find this library?

Does it include the ability to do a drag and drop(ie and inventory GUI)?

Thanks for making this.

The library is available via the SDK > Tools > Plugins > Available Plugins > tonegodGUI.

The themes pack will be available via download as soon as I finish up a couple more themes. Hopefully through the same method… but likely as a download from SourceForge to start.

EDIT: I’m an idiot… I didn’t answer your question. Yes it does support drag/drop elements and there is a thread on the forum here with a sample of how to put together an inventory using them. I just can’t remember the name of the thread >.<

1 Like
@t0neg0d said: The library is available via the SDK > Tools > Plugins > Available Plugins > tonegodGUI.

The themes pack will be available via download as soon as I finish up a couple more themes. Hopefully through the same method… but likely as a download from SourceForge to start.

EDIT: I’m an idiot… I didn’t answer your question. Yes it does support drag/drop elements and there is a thread on the forum here with a sample of how to put together an inventory using them. I just can’t remember the name of the thread >.<

i think you mean this threads:

1 Like

Thanks @t0neg0d and @Snowsun92 The inventory link was exactly what I was looking for

- http://hub.jmonkeyengine.org/forum/topic/how-do-i-make-an-inventory-with-lots-of-slots/
1 Like

Is there non-ASCII support on your list aswell?

In the textfield class you have valdiators that block any other character input :frowning:

private String validateAlpha = "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ ";
private String validateAlphaNoSpace = "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ";

Especially for apps that can reach a worldwide audience… i can’t even input a € or µ in the chat :frowning: (I’ve checked the TextType - it is default)

Did you try with custom validators?

If you don’t need validation from the lib, validation is optional.

1 Like
@h1ghst0r3y said: Is there non-ASCII support on your list aswell?

In the textfield class you have valdiators that block any other character input :frowning:

private String validateAlpha = "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ ";
private String validateAlphaNoSpace = "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ";

Especially for apps that can reach a worldwide audience… i can’t even input a € or µ in the chat :frowning: (I’ve checked the TextType - it is default)

Switch the TextType to custom include or custom exclude, then set the grab bag to whatever you like.

[java]
TextField.setType(Type.EXCLUDE_CUSTOM);
// or
TextField.setType(Type.INCLUDE_CUSTOM);
// and
TextField.setCustomValidation(“WHATEVERCHARACTERSHERE”);
[/java]

Which chat box are you using? edit: nm, The chat box controls will be updated with getters for sub-controls… and I’ll add methods for setting the validation type. Sorry!