What I'm currently working on

@h1ghst0r3y
Oh… if you are current using the ChatBoxExt control, you can set the validation by calling:

[java]
chat.getChatInput().setType(Type.INCLUDE_CUSTOM); // etc
[/java]

I’d like to echo others, the themes look great. I also really hope you find that button picking problem, I see this a fair bit, but couldn’t get reliable test case for you either. Glad you have now!

EDIT: lol. i’ve now seen the other thread, and you have already fixed it :slight_smile:

RR

@t0neg0d I don’t want to derail the thread - but just allowing a Type.INCLUDE_ALL_CHARACTER would really help. Either i include or exclude a set of keys. But i don’t really want to add all the chinese and cyrillic letters/keys into one big string.

@h1ghst0r3y said: @t0neg0d I don't want to derail the thread - but just allowing a Type.INCLUDE_ALL_CHARACTER would really help. Either i include or exclude a set of keys. But i don't really want to add all the chinese and cyrillic letters/keys into one big string.

Type.DEFAULT does no validation. If the characters are not showing up, that means they are just not part of the default font. You can (and probably should) update the Font to anything you would like (and I would suggest a larger font image… say 512x512 for the BitmapFont png file). Just do the following:

copy style_map.gui.xml and Fonts.gui.xml to your Asset’s Interface directory
Open style_map.gui.xml and point the Font tag to the local Fonts.gui.xml file
Open the Fonts.gui.xml file and edit the value of defaultFont to the font you have made.

Then, when initializing the screen:

[java]
Screen screen = new Screen(this, “Interface/style_map.gui.xml”);
[/java]

And all the characters you have added to the BitmapFont will be available. The default font is really just a placeholder and starts to pixelate quickly at anything larger than a font size of 22.

EDIT: I should probably explain why the font is so small. This is so it works well on Android as well. It’s a decent starting point, but the libraries default style is really supposed to be replaced by your own theme (and this is the reason I am putting together the theme packs… help with the visuals until your project gets to the point where ui design is critical)

1 Like

@t0neg0d

Ah well, thanks. I’ll have a look at that :slight_smile:

Guess the issue i’m also having is that i’m using a Mac Keyboard on a Windows machine. It fucks up the KeyIds. And i’d think that is another issue.

And € and µ are missing because they are not in your default font. Ok :smiley:

@h1ghst0r3y said: @t0neg0d

Ah well, thanks. I’ll have a look at that :slight_smile:

Guess the issue i’m also having is that i’m using a Mac Keyboard on a Windows machine. It fucks up the KeyIds. And i’d think that is another issue.

And € and µ are missing because they are not in your default font. Ok :smiley:

I wish I had remember this Type.DEFAULT thing when you first asked the question, but it’s been so long since I wrote the class I didn’t think to check it.

Just a heads up on the update I am pushing out tonight:

It will contain most of the updates and all of the fixes thus far. There are a few exclusions due to not having finished the testbed app which will let me know if there are any potential issues I am just not seeing yet.

So… you can expect to get:

• Most of what has been discussed and reported in the update.
  • The sources are now in the plugin
  • Updated javadocs (they are still lacking heavily, but at least they are current)