What up with particles

just updated and my testing ground …"a copy of testwalkingChar the particles dont show when the balls collided with the world but now produces a kinda fireworks like effect you can see it in the stock test aswell

mhhh? i don’t get it, it always produced an explosion for me

It is possible the particle positions are now effected by the scale …

will I dont know but…

jme stock test

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oNiniQNmcU

my testing area

http://youtu.be/FcG3Zwvdq9M

and haven't started playing with particle effects and I dont edit the stock test

uh…strange, i got a classic explosion when i test it

What if you try TestExplosion?

TesExplosion looks seems good to me,

ok something would have changed that’s causing this… for me… anyways…I got into the habit of making periodic backups of my workspace in the event an update broke jme3 that happened a lot in the early days…incidentally today as well…for me at least …but I digress the explosions now work the way they supposed to, the backup was after update on july 25th, kinda old yes, but I know I updated a few times well after that and didn’t see this until I reported it a couple days ago, needless to say it’s weird that I alone am getting this and more so in code I don’t change.

Why backup workspace for jme? You can always checkout a old revision without further trouble. (well at least in eclipse but I would wonder if thats not possible with netbeans)

EmpirePhoenix said:
Why backup workspace for jme? You can always checkout a old revision without further trouble. (well at least in eclipse but I would wonder if thats not possible with netbeans)

yeah I know..........but I am addicted to the more mundane approach

as for the particle issue I tracked it to

[java]update D:/workspace/jme3_svn -r 7980 --force
U D:/workspace/jme3_svn/src/core/com/jme3/effect/ParticleEmitter.java
U D:/workspace/jme3_svn/src/core/com/jme3/scene/control/AbstractControl.java
Updated to revision 7980.
===== File Statistics: =====
Updated: 2[/java]

so I rolled back to rev 7979 in clues

(solved) @mcbeth

Studied this problem, rev 7980 looks legit. The problem you are having is probably that in that example there is a line that sets the scale for the emitter to 100. Basically that makes the particle emitter 100X the size that you are setting (setLocalScale(100):wink: Before, I don’t think that localScale was actually used for anything in the particle emitter. Make the localScale 1 and you should be golden.

It’s possible I’m missing something or misunderstanding the scale, but I tested setting the local scale to 1 and that solves the problem and emitters look the same as pre-7980.

Basically what Momoko_Fan said.

thanks man this was kinda driving me nuts too, but I’m seeing it in the stock test but no body seems to have that issue…solved anyways thanks