What version of binaries is being used in JMEPhysics?

I just downloaded latest version of ODE (the cpp version) and if I understand it right  appears that latest binaries

are from 2007 whereas the one at odejava.org is from 2004.

Does JMEPhysics use the old one as well and if so any plans of upgrading to the newest version ?

Thanks,

Baune

If you are talking about the old jmephysics (on sourceforge), the answer sounds bad: neither does ODEJava seem to have any one supporting it nor does the old jmephysics. And yes it uses a very old ODE.

But if you refer to jME Physics 2 (on java.et), you are lucky :slight_smile: :

As the info in the ODE binding lib folder states, it uses a patched ODE version from late 2006 and it does not use ODEJava as a library but contains a stripped down modified version of it. And yes, there are plans to support future ODE versions.

That sounds great, thanks.

Just looked at it and it looks good (and works good too). One question though : why so much work at abstracting

physics when graphics (spartials etc.) is not abstracted in any way when it prop could have been just as easely.

That way you could switch between scenegraphs/physics as much as you want.

To me ease of use it not the most important issue, but flexibility is. I don't like being hooked up on any API even though it's

a good API.

It simply was not the intent of the jME Physics (2) project to abstract from the scenegraph. But the goal was to get physics for jME :slight_smile:

Additionally I do not agree with you that it would be simple to abstract from the scenegraph. It would have taken quite a lot of time plus it would have been harder to use the lib in jME apps…

irrisor said:

It simply was not the intent of the jME Physics (2) project to abstract from the scenegraph. But the goal was to get physics for jME :)
Additionally I do not agree with you that it would be simple to abstract from the scenegraph. It would have taken quite a lot of time plus it would have been harder to use the lib in jME apps...

Yeah it maybe it wont be as simple once you dig into it..