What's with the sad monkey?

yo!

Is it just me, or does that monkey up in the right corner look rather sad??  :frowning:

Why is that? Shouldn’t jME have a cool lean mean monkey? That shows what the jMonkey Engine is all about?

Well, I like doin graphics so i did one. A new monkey that is. Erh, I really hope i’m not stepping on anyones’ toes here - that surely isn’t my intention. Just tell me or remove the post or whatever. I did this for kicks… Hope you guys enjoy it  8)

I used the old monkey as a template and tried to keep as much of the orginal feeling as possible…

I added some life to the eyes, some shade, smaller ears (was kinda bat-like…) and a 1,000,000-

Cute.  :)  Once Mojomonkey is back from the land of new fatherhood we can see what he thinks.  Nice job.

Yes, very nice job! Though have you tested making the ears a tad larger?

And jamie does sound better than jME, but jME has already got so much momentum that a switch would risk confusing people…

Hey! I like that smiling monkey, too!  XD

And yes, his name could be Jamie… but as Per already stated I would suggest to keep jME as name for the engine…

…yer, maybe have a look for his right ear  ;)…

Hey, I'm not opposed to changing the logo, and I think what you have is very clean. However, like previously said, make the ears bigger, big ears are important :wink: Also give him a more substantial lower lip.

As far as calling it Jamie… jME has gained a bit of mindshare, so changing it may be detrimental. However, Jamie the Monkey sounds good to me.

I like this alot, I can't wait to see the next iteration.

Actually, I like the current logo better.

The monkey doesn't look sad, he only looks a little suspicious, and he probably has his reasons for that.

Wow oscar! that was some work. You put in a lot of work. Everyone seems to like the logo.

Moz said:

Actually, I like the current logo better.
The monkey doesn't look sad, he only looks a little suspicious, and he probably has his reasons for that.

Uhu - and what reason would that be?  XD

Well, I imagine being a monkey is not always easy. Especially not in these modern times, where people stare at you when you try to eat parasites out of your own fur.

And then, it's always better to be a little too suspicious than not suspicious enough.

haha XD

Better a happy monkey than a suspicious monkey. :smiley:

That monkey looks great :)  Can't wait to see version 2.  :smiley:

hmmm… i think what Oscar was trying to do brings up a good point…

perhaps before the next major release we can have a new logo competition? :smiley:

The current monkey kind of remindes me of the evil monkey from family guy  :smiley: