Where do I start?

Assume I am newb at java in general where do I start? Please make a list (1. learn java) (2. blah blah)… something like that… Because I am confused and don't know where to start… PS I've learned some basic java… But should I get to know advanced java like Swing AWT and applets? Please note… Since I did state java please do not 'skip' it and assume I know what you meant…

Also IF IT HELPS suggest a book that'll help me understand how jME works… Graphics, etc. Yes i know there was a few books stated… But in your honest opinion… ALSO PLEASE DO NOT state the book out of the blue… Please state in 'order of relevance' (meaning I shouldn't read a certain book if it'd be smarter to know java)…

Thanks

Here we go:

To learn Java I would recommend to go to the Sun’s Java Tutorial site: http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/ Then, perhaps a book like Deitel&Deitel: Java how to program would be good to start, though a bit pricey and big.

For jME, I recommend learning a little bit of OpenGL first and about 3D engines second. jME is inspired on this book: 3D Game Engine Design by David Eberly

I also own the OpenGL Game Programming series. They are good and let you familiarize with the inners so that when you need to dig deeper, you will know what to expect.

Alright thanks i'll start there.