Where to buy animated models

Hi!

We've been working since last summer with JME, until now We've managed with free 3d models but know we have to improve our test games because we are near the dead line of our project. The models we have been using are from the web page PSIONIC GAMES & RETRO VANDAL ART (Thank you very much!) and the models we need must be similar to this. These models are perfect for us except we need something more 'serious' (they have one ninja, a zombie, a beast…) for our educational games, such us a model of a teacher or something like that. We also would prefer to have models with animations controlled by 'JointController'.

We have been looking for models like that in the Internet and we haven't found anything for free, so we are going to pay if it's necessary.

First if someone knows where we can find some models like that for free it would be perfect for us. On the other hand, if there is no more possibilities, do you know where can we buy a cd or dvd with models of this type?

Check out turbosquid.com, although they can get kinda expensive.

Also, check out Blender, it is free a modeling program but with more than enough documentation and tutorials to get you started.

basixs said:

Also, check out Blender, it is free a modeling program but with more than enough documentation and tutorials to get you started.

I can't lear to do models, I don't have enough time, but thank you for the other web page.

And one more question. Where can I get the models from the game 'quake'? I 've read they are free.

basixs said:

I get the strong feeling that the site is very overpriced... 200 dollars for an apache model that doesnt look identical? (http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/181088)
Im not really into 3d moddeling but I do know that there are sites and modelers that do it for less dollars. I can't seem to figure out why this site (and its models) are on the rather expensive side. Perhaps they use some kind of pricemodel that involves a formula like polygons/100=dollars ?

I tried to commission some models, but was being quoted $40 an hour from India ???

Quite frankly, its cheaper for me and less error prone to get someone local that I can sit down with and go through the task in hand. Better than getting back a piece of work that will need reworking.

? does anyone know a good freelancer ?

3DGDA has good models for a competitive price. They are located in Russia. I've mailed them a while ago asking them if they take custom models. While they couldn't give an exact price (they needed to know the amount of polygons and a sketch of the character), looking at their page I wouldn't expect absurdly high prices like turbosquid.com though… you can never be sure.