Whistling sound coming from computer tower

Hello, everyone. I’m new to jME and I need some help.

Whenever I run a jME application, for example the HelloAssets tutorial, my computer tower starts making a strange whistling sound. I noticed this does not happen when running simple applications like HelloJME3 and HelloNode.

I suspect that the sound is coming from the Video card. I don’t really play video games on my computer, so I don’t know if it happens in PC games too.

I found a topic about the same issue, but since it is a bit old, I figured I would create a new one. The old topic is this.

My specs are:

Motherboard: ASUS P5Q (P45, DDR2)

CPU: QuadCore Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, 2400 MHz (9 x 267)

Video card: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT (512 MB)

Is there any way I can make this sound stop? Thanks in advance.

The answer from that topic still applies.

If the tests were locked to 30 or 60 frames per second, this behavior likely wouldn’t be observed. Again, this won’t cause any damage… just limit the framerates in any application you create.

P.S: The jME server is running on a Q6600… that thing’s a total workhorse :slight_smile:

Thanks for the response. By limiting the framerate the whistling sound does not occur anymore.

well that was weird

Actually its not that strange,

a few parts on the gc actuall have minmal movements due to their nature, at around 4k fps on amd this becomes powerfull and loud enough for us to hear.
As far as I rmember it’s somthing with the power supply/limiter(on board the gc), fluctuating it’s poweroutput between frame rendering and idle waiting for next frame.

@Empire Phoenix said: Actually its not that strange,

a few parts on the gc actuall have minmal movements due to their nature, at around 4k fps on amd this becomes powerfull and loud enough for us to hear.
As far as I rmember it’s somthing with the power supply/limiter(on board the gc), fluctuating it’s poweroutput between frame rendering and idle waiting for next frame.

I think he was responding to the spam messages that were since marked as spam. Always funny when someone does that because then when someone properly moderates them the comment looks strange.

oh, missed the dates :slight_smile:

Check the tags, they are pretty weird too :slight_smile:

1 Like
@Empire Phoenix said: oh, missed the dates :)

And the tags…

oh damn those tags…I wonder what happens next…

1 Like