Why doesn't some some meshes export correctly?

Hi,

I have made a simple plane in blender with textures applied to it. When after selecting it, I try to export it with the settings as in the screenshot attached, I get an error in jMonkey saying .mesh.xml is not supported. When I export another mesh with the same settings, it exports very well. Can anyone please help me understand why is this problem happening. I’m not very concerned about importing plane in jMonkey but my concern is to understand the importing better so I can diagnose the problems myself.

Basically I’m trying to bake texture on a plane and import it in jMonkey.

Settings http://snag.gy/A2lR6.jpg

The mesh files are attached here:

In “Assets Failed to Load” it says,
“Plane.mesh.xml”

What are you using to export it?

Are you using OgreXml?

Are there any errors in blender when you export the item itself?

total shot in the dark. but usually when i get that error on importing its because it coudlnt find the material file because the material file has to have the same name as the mesh file (eg Plane.material) for the importer to figure out that it exists.

@icamefromspace said: total shot in the dark. but usually when i get that error on importing its because it coudlnt find the material file because the material file has to have the same name as the mesh file (eg Plane.material) for the importer to figure out that it exists.

Thats not the case here because it “Failed to load” Plane.mesh.xml and I have named the material file properly.

that message doesnt mean its an issue with the Plane.mesh.xml file itself neccesarily, it just means there was an error, and that was the file you selected for import.

You really need to find the actual error, usually something pops up in the bottom right, or maybe its in one of the tabs of the output window in the IDE.

@BigBob said: What are you using to export it?

Are you using OgreXml?

Are there any errors in blender when you export the item itself?

I’m using Blender version 2.68a
The Exporter addon I’m using is

Import-Export OGRE Exporter (.scenem .mesh, .skelton) and ReadXtend (.txml)
Author: Brett, S.Rombauts, F00bar …
Version 0.5.8
link - https://code.google.com/p/blender2ogre/w/list

I will post the log in the next post. I dont have access right now

Here is the log that comes in jMonkey when I import a plane with textures basked in blender

DesktopAssetManager created.
Add locator: C:/Users/Gursimar/Desktop/hello
Loaded material definition: Phong Lighting
Unsupported pass directive: alpha_to_coverage
Unsupported pass directive: colour_write
Unsupported pass directive: depth_check
Unsupported pass directive: depth_func
Unsupported pass directive: depth_write
Unsupported pass directive: illumination_stage
Unsupported pass directive: light_clip_planes
Unsupported pass directive: light_scissor
Unsupported pass directive: normalise_normals
Unsupported pass directive: polygon_mode
Unsupported pass directive: scene_blend_op
Unsupported pass directive: shading
Unsupported pass directive: transparent_sorting
Component hidden

https://wiki.jmonkeyengine.org/legacy/doku.php/jme3:external:blender

Generally when I export with blender it will export it with Ogre3d.

Export a .scene file and it will do the mesh skeleton and the material and give a .scene.

All you have to do is import the .scene and it will take all the stuff.

Sometimes you have to rename some stuff, it will want your material skeleton and mesh to be named the same.

Export it scene form and UV map for your texture in blender and that should do it.

@BigBob said: Generally when I export with blender it will export it with Ogre3d.

Export a .scene file and it will do the mesh skeleton and the material and give a .scene.

All you have to do is import the .scene and it will take all the stuff.

Sometimes you have to rename some stuff, it will want your material skeleton and mesh to be named the same.

Export it scene form and UV map for your texture in blender and that should do it.

The error had disappeared, it was certainly not related to how I export.
But yeah, it works better this way. I don’t have to rename my material file.