Why “Tools”→“OgreXML”→“Install Blender OgreXML” throws fileNotFoundException?

When I try to open “C:Program FilesBlender FoundationBlender.blenderscripts” it throws a fileNotFoundException.

Could you post the whole stacktrace please.

I guess there might be an assumption on where the scripts folder is located?

On windows its either the Blender directory or C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender

But if using Blender 2.5 then the folder layout is actually different which might confuse jMP

It shows a dialog with the mensage:

Error:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:Program FilesBlender.blenderscriptsogrehelpimagesarmaturemodifier.png(O Sistema não pode encontrar o caminho especificado*)

*In english:(The system can not find the path specified)

Ps: The forum don`t shows slashes of pathnames?

Momoko_Fan said:
I guess there might be an assumption on where the scripts folder is located?
On windows its either the Blender directory or C:UsersAppDataRoamingBlender FoundationBlender
But if using Blender 2.5 then the folder layout is actually different which might confuse jMP

I cannot found this path. And I`m using 2.49b.

I found the solution.

First I changed script folder during the installation to that place (it was the Blender directory before).

And I installed it in the Admin user`s folder Blender script directory.

But I need open Blender as Administrator to view the script…

Why not put it in your user folder then?

rivensky said:
Why not put it in your user folder then?

Because there`s no Blender 2.49 folder in my user folder. Only in admin folder.

this worked for me:

• downloaded “blender-2.49b-windows.zip” from http://download.blender.org/release/Blender2.49b/ ,
  • extracted it to my desktop
  • did Tools”→“OgreXML”→“Install Blender OgreXML

and gave it the path …Desktopblender-2.49b-windows.blenderscripts

then i started blender.exe from Desktopblender-2.49b-windows and it worked nicely (-:
1 Like

Just had this same issue and installed it into the user directory as instructed by Momoko_Fan. Now it works just fine and the reason for the error must have been write access to system folders.