Wikipedia entry

Currently, there is only a short JME entry on en.Wikipedia.org (english) :expressionless:

And on de.Wikipedia.org (german) there is nothing about JME, though a wikipedia and wikibooks entry for Java3D.

So if nobody is strictly against this (why should he/she?) i will go for it and put an entry on de.wikipedia.org

I think such a nice engine like JME MUST have at least a Wikipedia entry (though a wikibooks-book would be nice, too  ;))

feedback welcome

Tim8Dev

Okay currently I'm using all my force (;)) on implementing/testing Cell-and-Portal algorithm for JME,

so the Wikipedia entry have to wait for a while (I thinking about 5 days maybe)

So I will put the same on de.wikipedia.org as on en.wikipedia.org…

and I think I'll translate the user's Guide in the wikipage to german and put it on wikibooks and step by step I will fill up the missing parts in the user's guide (on german) and someone (with better english) could easily translate back to english.

I've now translated the History and Introduction on the Wiki page here into German and soon will upload it to Wikipedia,

after I have translated some stuff from the en.wikipedia.org entry of jMonkeyEngine.

Two questions:

Wich name should I use for the Artikel ( "Java Monkey Engine", "jMonkeyEngine",

"jME", "jMonkey_Engine" <- that's the english one )

And should I first post it here or directly to Wikipedia?

Tim8Dev

Well I think I would actually prefer 'Java Monkey Engine'. For one, it adds to search engine optimization. I am not familiar with any benefits in strict naming conformities.

No need to post the whole thing here; a link should suffice.

Thanks for your efforts so far Tim8Dev. If you actually go through with what you have planned for the user's guide (translation plus filling in missing parts) that would be just as good a contribution as some of the coolest projects around here.

erlend_sh said:

Thanks for your efforts so far Tim8Dev. If you actually go through with what you have planned for the user's guide (translation plus filling in missing parts) that would be just as good a contribution as some of the coolest projects around here.

I won't fill up every missing parts and for now, just on German, someone has to translate them back to english, since my english isn't really good.
But I will try to fill up some parts that I unterstood. (like portal spatial sorting, frustum culling etc.)

The translation shouldn't be a big problem! I would do whatever is needed. Although I never published something on wikipedia :smiley:

Well I think I would actually prefer 'Java Monkey Engine'. For one, it adds to search engine optimization. I am not familiar with any benefits in strict naming conformities.

For that I don't agree. Isn't it "jMonkey Engine" in the about or even the banner. Even the "j" means Java, "Java Monkey Engine" does not sound right for me,... What does the others think about it? Sound like a poll for me :D

Okay I will start a poll on this.

I think there more guys around here that will vote, than really post something:wink:.

I think we cannot use Java in a product name without SUN's permission. That's why it was called jMonkeyEngine in the first place.