WIP: Arcade style airplane game - Contest Entry

@zzuegg said:
I see. Hm looks like i have to reactivate my hackint0sh.
Any parameter i can set the shader compilation to a stricter mode on windows?

I wish. I usually just get Normen to test it for me. :)

@zzuegg said:
I the meantime i have removed the engine on the Mac version.

The thing is... 90% of the time the Mac is flagging errors that _will_ show up on other platforms. They may just not be so graceful about the failure. Mythruna had random crashes, odd graphical bugs, and various other issues on some platforms (I'm looking at you ATI) until I fixed all of the Mac-related issues. Then most of my other problems went away, too.

Ok, i temporary removed all not really neccessary things and uploaded alpha2. Not it even runs on a AMD/ATI netbook.

http://airstrike.custom-codez.com/download/

@memonick, could you please retry the new version

Nope, no luck. What OS are you using for testing?

Ok, tested and working on:

i7 970, GTX 580 and Win7x64

Fusion E-350 with integrated ATI gfx and Win7x64

Mid2011 MacBookPro on SnowLeo

Wee, works :slight_smile:

Reminds me kinda of tyrian 2000 ^^ (since i never owned a console XD)

Still nothing here. The game crashes at startup.

@memonick said:
Still nothing here. The game crashes at startup.

What are your overall hardware specs? We are talking about alpha2 right?

Yep, alpha 2.

Specs: Nvidia 9800 Graphics Card, Quad Core, 2GB Ram. Running on Win7 64.

Just re-installed Java, but still the same problem. I played another contest game yesterday night, and it worked perfectly. I don’t know what the problem is :confused: Any chance that you can e-mail me or upload the source file to try and run it through jME3?

Sure, drop me a pm with your mail and i will send you the zipped project folder

Hello monkeys.

I have encounterd the following error:

[java]

SEVERE: Uncaught exception thrown in Thread[LWJGL Renderer Thread,5,main]

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Function is not supported

at org.lwjgl.BufferChecks.checkFunctionAddress(BufferChecks.java:58)

at org.lwjgl.opengl.GL11.glAlphaFunc(GL11.java:563)

at com.jme3.renderer.lwjgl.LwjglRenderer.applyRenderState(LwjglRenderer.java:520)

at com.jme3.material.Material.render(Material.java:981)

at com.jme3.renderer.RenderManager.renderGeometry(RenderManager.java:644)

at com.jme3.renderer.queue.RenderQueue.renderGeometryList(RenderQueue.java:301)

at com.jme3.renderer.queue.RenderQueue.renderQueue(RenderQueue.java:357)

at com.jme3.renderer.RenderManager.renderViewPortQueues(RenderManager.java:893)

at com.jme3.post.filters.BloomFilter.postQueue(BloomFilter.java:197)

at com.jme3.post.FilterPostProcessor.postQueue(FilterPostProcessor.java:213)

at com.jme3.renderer.RenderManager.renderViewPort(RenderManager.java:1121)

at com.jme3.renderer.RenderManager.render(RenderManager.java:1167)

at com.jme3.app.SimpleApplication.update(SimpleApplication.java:263)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.runLoop(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:149)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglDisplay.runLoop(LwjglDisplay.java:185)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:223)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

[/java]

removing the bloomfilter does not help at all.

I am not sure if i am interpreting this error message correctly, but does this line:

[java]at org.lwjgl.opengl.GL11.glAlphaFunc(GL11.java:563)[/java]

not suggest that open gl 1.1 is used?

If thats the case i assume the gfx driver is the bad guy and so does not support Glowing materials. Is this any valid or am i completely off roads?

Removing the bloom filter should have at least changed the stack trace. If it didn’t then it wasn’t really removed.

What’s the new stack trace without the bloom filter?

@zzuegg , I had a bug in the FakeParticleBlow.vert. Can you change your vertex shader to the: http://code.google.com/p/jme-glsl-shaders/source/browse/assets/Shaders/FakeParticleBlow/FakeParticleBlow.vert?r=c82ecb46f47a110c4dcfa7d8c3d1854bfc0407ca

@zzuegg, any news?

@memonick: sorry, i am not at home today. Updates will follow tormorrow. I hope we are able fix the issue

It sounds like you installed an OpenGL3 only driver, because this is the only function jME3 is using that is deprecated in OpenGL3.

Maybe there’s a “compatibility mode” you have to enable somewhere in the driver settings?

@Momoko_Fan, me?

I couldn’t find anything. Any help on what I can do? I won’t be able to review otherwise.

@zzuegg: Please run the jME3 test: jme3test.light.TestTransparentShadow

EDIT: It seems I got confused a bit, my previous post was intended for zzuegg who has the issue with glAlphaFunc.

Actually I have an issue with this game myself: The game starts out okay running at about 30-60 fps, and then gradually the fps starts dropping, with each wave of enemies the fps drops. After about 1 minute of gameplay, the game is running at 0 fps and starts experiencing freezes that last about 10 seconds, then a single frame is rendered, and then it freezes again, etc. This is happening with both the alpha1 and alpha2 versions.

@Momoko_Fan said:
Actually I have an issue with this game myself: The game starts out okay running at about 30-60 fps, and then gradually the fps starts dropping, with each wave of enemies the fps drops. After about 1 minute of gameplay, the game is running at 0 fps and starts experiencing freezes that last about 10 seconds, then a single frame is rendered, and then it freezes again, etc. This is happening with both the alpha1 and alpha2 versions.

same here never recovers to a playable state for me

gf295
Intel i7 950
6gb ram
Win7 pro 64-bit