I wasn’t pleased with the current website, so i’ve been working to a new one that i believe gives more exposure to the project and to the community.
This is just a quick post to get some opinions regarding the design.
The preview is here:
The main features, besides the new theme, are:
- One random backer and github contributor are displayed on the header
- Author infos (name,bio etc) are obtained directly from github (no more author.md pages)
- One random image from the showcase is displayed in the background of the top banner with a link to the project page
- One random backer message (left on our opencollective page) is displayed under the top banner
- Categories do not exist anymore, only tags are used to group posts
- The Features section has been redone, and it now features also links to mature third party libraries from the community (marked with a little puzzle icon for addon)
- Probably comments using the hub embed code (still looking into this)