WIP: Rhythm game - Contest Entry

@Addez: Where do u put the button images? I did put my button image in “Interface” folder, but the button doesn’t find that. The output says:

[java]

INFO: [0004] imageManager.getImage(Interface/Skins/Button.png)

[/java]

but the default image is showed up instead of my custom image :(.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. The image only appear when the button has no focus -.-.

Edit: btw putting the image tag inside a button control doesn’t work for me, then I used the backgroundImage param and it worked, but just when the button has no focus, when it get focus, the red button image is showed up.

Soz for late response, but my image is not in the button.

Its in a panel. Lol, quite vital part to explain :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s in a panel that I added inside too.

Then also

[xml]<effect>

<onHover name=“border”/>

</effect>[/xml]

Btw you are doing it wrong as I am was too :P. I managed to create myself nifty styles as in CSS ;), and all my buttons has pre-defined styles made by me :D. Instead of using the nifty-default-styles like this : [xml]<useStyles filename=“nifty-default-styles.xml” />[/xml], I’m using myself [xml]<useStyles filename=“Interface/Styles/styles.xml” />[/xml] ;). Let me know if you wanna create yourself styles too as well :), I got it :D.

1 Like

Thanks, appriciate it :slight_smile:

@Addez said:
Thanks, appriciate it :)

But you have to know how to create the styles, I made the root style [xml]Interface/Styles/styles.xml[/xml] which call the others, including my button style ;) [xml]<useStyles filename="Interface/Styles/Button/button.xml" />[/xml]. It isn't on wiki, I managed to do it myself, any questions how to do it let me know ;).
1 Like

I’ll try tomorrow :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance!

Hey,

this is the Start Menu of my naked child :smiley: :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16ChE_3YPnk

Next thing I'll do is to complete the options screen, and create the HUD ;).

EDIT: OPS xD. FIXING THAT

Hmmm. I have another game inspiration. This will be my new inspiration ;):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKvsGBoKPko

Looks good. Good luck!

1 Like

Just finished the Options Screen

http://i.imgur.com/ICJWR.png

Implemented the save of settings (volumes and resolution), improved the screens and created new screens. The interface is almost finished :

58 fps because I’m developing on linux, and the graphic driver I’m using is a shit :), it’s the Mesa driver…

-Regards

Just a posting update to show how the game is going :wink: :

http://imageupload.org/thumb/thumb_137761.png

EDIT: shit. the upload site is not compatible with this forum. Just a minute that I’m gonna reupload that ;).

You’re posting the thumbnail version… That site doesn’t show fullsize?

P.S imgur is quite nice if you haven’t used it…

Thanks, fixed. The imgur was offline a few minutes ago :

Edit: Oh! The red circles were cut with taking the screen shot…

Improved the HUD and the Track Selection Screens. The move bars in HUD screen are traveling left like a charm :D. Bellow is the HUD screen shot with 600 move bars traveling left , and the Track Selection Screen :

EDIT: Please, don’t look at the frame rate, it’s linux, and its driver is a shit ;). In Windows it runs much faster.

Have you worked on other things apart from menus, or do you want to just get rid of them first? They look good so far.

What do u think is the first screen shot above :roll:? That is the in-game screen, I worked a lot on that yersterday, and pspeed and sbook helped me with the thread problem I had. The last things I’ll do is the animated character model and the in-game user interation. Now I’m focusing on track selection screen and after that I’ll focus on in-game(HUD) screen.

Btw, the harder thing was already done, that was make the move bars traveling left synchronized with the sound ;).

After spending some hours thinking about a name for the game, I think already have one. What about “Pace of the Gods” 8) ? I liked that :D!

Please, tell me people. What about “Pace of the Gods”?