I’m working on a tilting ball maze game like “Labyrinth Plus”:
It is simple enough for me to actually get it done but can be easily extended by additional features. It will use physics to tilt a plane and move a ball through a labyrinth. I'll put a special focus on the settings and usability because I myself am often annoyed by commercial games for example not implementing a desktop or fullscreen window mode and crashing while alt-tabbing to i.e. the web browser and back.
My top priority is:
- Finishing it
- Correct working physics
- Low hardware requirements (GL1) to make it run on most devices
- Multiple application types (Applet, Webstart, Desktop, ...)
- A nifty GUI to switch settings like resolution and display type (Fullscreen, Window, Desktop)
If there is time, I might proceed to Android Hell and implement some additional features like:
- Sound effects and a sound track
- A chrome like reflecting ball (have to learn shader stuff)
- Obstacles, holes, terrain instead of plane
- A nice looking environment
- Multiple levels / custom levels
- Android platform with gyroscope tilting (I hope there is a good android simulator with OpenGL, Java and accelerometer input support because I don't have such a device in hardware. Or perhaps santa can Kindle my Fire :D).
I'll post a first demo after I have solved some jbullet physics problems. Actually, they are solved but not yet implemented in a clean way. Skyrim and Anno 2070 take their toll, you know? :D