WireBox error

For a few days i get an error when i open a model in the SDK…

Stack trace :

[java]java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.jme3.scene.debug.WireBox.fromBoundingBox(Lcom/jme3/bounding/BoundingBox;)V
at com.jme3.gde.core.scene.controller.SceneToolController.attachBoxSelection(SceneToolController.java:253)
at com.jme3.gde.core.scene.controller.SceneToolController.attachSelectionShape(SceneToolController.java:209)
at com.jme3.gde.core.scene.controller.SceneToolController.doUpdateSelection(SceneToolController.java:134)
at com.jme3.gde.core.scene.controller.SceneToolController$2.call(SceneToolController.java:122)
at com.jme3.app.AppTask.invoke(AppTask.java:142)
at com.jme3.app.Application.runQueuedTasks(Application.java:583)
at com.jme3.app.Application.update(Application.java:596)
at com.jme3.gde.core.scene.SceneApplication.update(SceneApplication.java:302)
at com.jme3.system.awt.AwtPanelsContext.updateInThread(AwtPanelsContext.java:188)
at com.jme3.system.awt.AwtPanelsContext.access$100(AwtPanelsContext.java:44)
at com.jme3.system.awt.AwtPanelsContext$AwtPanelsListener.update(AwtPanelsContext.java:68)
at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglOffscreenBuffer.runLoop(LwjglOffscreenBuffer.java:125)
at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglOffscreenBuffer.run(LwjglOffscreenBuffer.java:151)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)[/java]

I use niglty build but i don’t remember what version was the first to cause that.

1 Like

this changed last week or so
http://hub.jmonkeyengine.org/forum/topic/proposed-fix-for-issue-635/

@sgold maybe we should have deprecated the old method so that previously serialized wirebox still work somehow.

1 Like

I can add the old method back. Probably later today.

Or maybe not.

@sgold: You’ll have to do this in github then, best directly in the gradle branch, just ignore master, this time the gradle branch will really be moved soon :wink: And we should not merge this to stable :slight_smile:

If and when the nightlies will work with the current SDK release cannot be said, the development continues against NB platform 8.0, so even if nightlies get pushed again they might not be compatible to the current SDK anymore.

Since I heard that gradle was already moved to master, I pushed the fix with commit 05c171e on jmonkeyengine/master . I hope that means I’m done here.