Wireframe rendering for GLES

@joliver82 I will use the Geometry shader only approach for prototyping, but was mirroring your example for AIDE users.

As far as the @Pavl_G comment, he is correct, though I’d hesitate to call anyone dumb! People have reasons for doing things outside of the norm for specific unknown, not-shared reasons. AIDE is great for prototyping and proof of concept, and though it has (and is still) indeed being used for production code, I don’t use it for that myself. Suffice it to say, in my current situation, I cannot program on my programming machine until the grandkids are a bit older! Until then, I program in AIDE, then migrate the project to Android Studio on the weekend for final and incremental compiles.

In the meantime, that change would be greatly appreciated. I’ll not try it myself until I understand graphics a whole lot better!

Thanks…

1 Like

@joliver82 This is where my lack of graphics knowledge comes through!

I cannot use the Geometry shader approach, but must use Barycentric approach. With the shader approach, the minimum API is much higher than I usually target. Unless there are good reasons not to, I target down to 14. The highest minimum I’ve ever released an app for is API 19. I will go to 21 if absolutely needed, but with hesitation. I’ll reexamine version marketshare again, but my development tablet has a huge 12.2" screen for programming and it runs Lollipop.

This is just FYI though, as it come down to personal choices. After all, I could flash a newer ROM, but if it ain’t broke, I don’t bother fixing it!