World Transformation, SSAO & Aparapi

I am several things questions, though, they dont get along the same topic, but, rather then spamming all around, i wanted to all at once. (apologies for taking the liberty) :stuck_out_tongue:

1. How to I access the object(models) that I have linked or added to a scene file? Why the world position is not editable in the scene composer?

2.I want to implement SSAO to my project.My submission is within 20 days, so, I just dont have enough time to start researching from the scratch.And as I have looked in the forum, there is, a more or less working SSAO solution for jME3, available.

So, is it will be available within this time frame, or can anyone help me with some guide line, about how to implement the available code.

2. I think it is already known to the developers but, I am curious about, if it ever will be fanciable to use OpenCL in gaming.Now, Aparapi is available, will it come to any help?

http://developer.amd.com/zones/java/aparapi/Pages/default.aspx

As OpenGl I think, OpenCl will be a GPGPU standerd, and it will be available on every GPU.So, why not use it?

https://wiki.jmonkeyengine.org/legacy/doku.php

iamcreasy said:
as I have looked in the forum, there is, a more or less working SSAO solution for jME3, available.
So, is it will be available within this time frame, or can anyone help me with some guide line, about how to implement the available code.

See TestSSAO2 to see how ssao works hope it'll more or less fit your needs....

EDIT : i fixed the links on the wiki

In the program, it says, “SSAOUI, symbol not found”.

I commented out the line and it is running without anycomplain, and some SSAO are showing up.

Can u give me some guide line about this part of the code,

[java]SSAOFilter(viewPort, new SSAOConfig(0.92f,2.2f,0.46f,0.02f,false,true));[/java]

Do I need to have any particular Material Preference for SSAO?

SSAOUI is just a key binding to tweak SSAO parameters with the keyboard, i made it for debug purpose, it’s not needed to make ssao work. However it can be useful to experiment with the parameters and tweak them for your particular scene.

i’ts in the jme3test.post package copy the class if you need it.

The parameters are hard to explain, because they are just part of a complex equations, you’ll have to test them to get an idea

but here is an overview (in the order of the ssaoconfig constructor) :

Sample Radius : the radius of the samples heh :p. it defines the spread of ssao, the higher the value the wider looks the effect

AO Intensity : pretty obvious, the higher the value the darker the effect

AO scale : this one is very hard to explain, it scales the length of the vector between the pixel and the sample, it’s effect is hard to dissociate from intensity. Experiment.

AO bias : Harder to explain than the scale but , it acts like a contrast parameter.

Toggle AO on/off : must be true if you want to see something

Use only AO : only displays the AO channel, without mixing it with the render

if you manage to use the ssaoui, once you have tweaked your parameters for your scene, hit the P key, it will output the ssaoconfig initialization in the console. So you just have to copy/paste in your code.

i suggest you read this blog post for more informations on this implementation http://hub.jmonkeyengine.org/2010/08/16/screen-space-ambient-occlusion-for-jmonkeyengine-3-0/#more-321