X.mesh.xml Causing problems

I just imported the dotScene file in the engine, with the files properly named. You might want to uncheck the “Separate Materials” checkbox in the blender2ogre exporter.

Nope, still doesn’t work. Although I did get less files from the export when I unchecked that button.

Just to confirm I’m using the SDK right, I’m just supposed to navigate through the project window to my file.scene, then right click, and view model? I tried converting to a j3o in the same manner, but that never worked. And of course, all the files are in the same folder.

@stuffses said:
So does that mean I should rename one of the files to 'Material.material', or am I missing a file entirely? I tried the former (changing 'Material.001. material' to 'Material.material'), then attempted to view the .scene in the SDK, but that caused an error. I was also unable to convert the .scene to a j3o.

If you need the object renamed, do it after you convert it to a j3o... each of the files exported reference other files (i.e. If you had a Material.material file... the .mesh.xml file is expecting .material to be there... or the .scene file is depending on how you exported it)
@t0neg0d said:
If you need the object renamed, do it after you convert it to a j3o... each of the files exported reference other files (i.e. If you had a Material.material file... the .mesh.xml file is expecting .material to be there... or the .scene file is depending on how you exported it)

I can't convert to j3o, it causes the same error.

I don’t use .scene files (you can reconstruct the scene using the scene composer easily enough after the fact if you want to be able to load things this way)… what happens when you try to convert the x.mesh.xml to j3o? the same? or?

The j3o is created but when I open it, I get “error opening something.j3o”, but nothing happens in the output window.

Some new updates came out, so I’ll see if they change anything.

Wow. It works now. I haven’t tried to but textures on it yet, but I need to get to class. I’ll report my results when I can.

EDIT: Textures work fine too.

I had the same problem but after I updated plugins to nightly builds it worked. So it seems the problem has been fixed but is in SDK RC2.