[SOLVED] XBuf not importing Animation

I am trying to import my model using xbuf, however this leads to an empty AnimControl (so it sees the Armature but not the individual animation, it seems).

Is there anything I need to know when exporting xbuf files? I mean blender has multiple ways to handle animations (DopeSheet, Action Editor, NLA Strip) and it’s confusing me, so what should I do? Maybe it’s a bug or is it rather misuse?

1 Like

One nla strip per animation should work.

2 Likes

For those who didn’t know what this means/how I solved it:
Select the Animation in the Action Editor (that is: Dope Sheet View, there Mode: Action Editor) and then switch to the NLA Track Editor.

There you’ll see your action’s name and an double arrow pointing downwards. If you click it, a new NLA Strip will be generated which contains your Action. Strange shit, but it worked :smiley:

The downside is that playing the animation distorts my mesh into some spikey-looking mess. Not sure what’s wrong there?

1 Like

Could you post a screenshot of your NLA view?
I suspect you didn’t shift them properly.
This operation is also mandatory with ogre exporter, only the blender loader lets you load animation that are not laid out in the NLA track editor.

1 Like

Seems like you forget to apply transform?!

1 Like

What I did was clicking that button you can see for “Walking” which generated those tracks actually.

Applying Transforms did not help actually, I think this would help if I would have that bug already without animation?

1 Like

The NLA track editor is a time line, here basically the 3 animations are plating at the same time.
You have to shift them so none of them is played at the same time.

2 Likes

Take a look at this topic as well,it might be of help.

1 Like

I’m currently using my fork of xbuf (f3b) but the code that handle the animations should be pretty much the same and, as for your NLA view, it should work like that, there is no need to shift the strips in xbuf.

If you’ve forgotten to apply the transforms and you do it now it might cause unexpected results, usually what you should do is first apply the transforms and then animate, but if you want to try to save the currect animation without starting from scratch you could try this:

1. Go into pose mode and reset the armature to the resting pose: CTRL + A (select all bones) ALT + R (reset rotation) ALT + S (reset scale) ALT + G (reset translation)

2. Go into object mode, remove the armature modifier from your model

3. Apply transforms

4. Reparent your armature CTRL + P → Armature deform

1 Like

Oh ok didn’t know that

1 Like

By the way, do anybody know where I can get the last version of xbuf loader? :slight_smile:

1 Like
1 Like

is 0.4 version the last version? I want to use it like a gradle dependency… :slight_smile:

1 Like

No, i think 0.9.1 is the last version.
If you are using the gradle repo, just change the version number and see if it works

1 Like

I see there only a bintray repo, but I see there only 0.4 version :frowning:

1 Like

Ah yeah, the bintray repo is not up to date. Try to get it from jitpack

maven { url "https://jitpack.io" }
 compile 'org.xbuf.jme3_xbuf:jme3_xbuf_loader:0.9.1'
3 Likes

1 Like

Is the xbuf repo on GitHub up to date to the .9.1 version?

1 Like

yes, jitpack compiles it from github

1 Like

What happens if you clean up the editor by removing the Walking action, lamp and lamp.002?

I know that someone said you don’t have to gap the tracks but its not right to not gap them either.

https://jmonkeyengine.github.io/wiki/jme3/advanced/mixamo.html#appending-blender-animations

Is your timeline equal to the total of all track lengths combined?

1 Like