XBuf Updates - migrating to java & physics!

First Result of my experimenting with xbuf in JME 3.1 beta 1 :
hope it helps xbuf developers.

it seems xbuf importer does not import specularity settings from blender.

Animation importing works pretty well in xbuf.

1 Like

I’d say xbuf is more correct than the blender importer regarding specularity. This girl look ridiculously wet with blender exporter.

1 Like

actually it is not a problem which one looks better because we can change it in blender.

1 Like

you mean it also look ridiculously wet in blender? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

here is how it looks in blender:
with specularity = 1

with specularity = 0

I think it would be easy to include this value when exporting from blender to xbuf.

1 Like

FYI, loader2 will replace loader after more test and integration with the jme3_xbuf_remote (and so blender’s xbuf render).

@Ali_RS, I’ll look at your issue tomorrow. specular and specular Map should be supported. thanks for your feedback.

@nehon, using jme’s SkeletonControl or the fork, will be configurable.

2 Likes

Second result : Animations

importing an animated model with one rig and separated meshes .

Xbuf importer:

as you see it just keep one AnimControl for all meshes with same animation which is pretty cool.

Blender Importer :

it copies the same AnimControl for each mesh which might be pretty annoying or may not (because you can play separate animation for each mesh )

So animation importing is pretty well with xbuf.

1 Like

@Ali_RS thanks a lot for doing all these tests, since i’ve never found the willingness to do them myself. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

You’re welcome.
Really glad that you like it.
Unfortunately my knowledge is so less to contribute in this and many other similar projects
so testing them and reporting bugs is the least I can do for JME. Will be glad if I can be any help. :grinning:

1 Like

I have a new lawn mower that needs testing on my unkempt lawn, are you free on the weekend ?

4 Likes

Third Result :

1- Auto bake animation when exporting to xbuf (no need to manually bake it in blender). So you can keep the main (unbaked) animation in blender for future edit .

2-Loading .xbuf is pretty much faster than loading .blend in run time.

1 Like

like using that nla strip crap as used by the ogre exporter, or some other animation baking ?

I should hope so

1 Like

blender_io_xbuf convert a nla strip into an animation, and bake the animation before export.

sorry for poor audio.

3 Likes