Ye Olde 'Hollow' CollisionShape / Model

Actually you hit upon my misunderstanding i think - the hull collision mesh, attached to its rigidbodycontrol stays in the world physics space. The avatar and its rigidbodycontrol/collisionmesh get moved to the ship’s physics space.

Am i right in saying collisions only occur between objects in the same physics space?

If that is the case, then do i simply need to move the ship to its own physics space as well as the avatar? I have tried that and collisions do continue to work when I do. However the avatar still does not ‘move along’ with the ship when it moves.

IMHO I dont quite think this is the right solution as for example if i wanted the inside of the ship to have earth gravity; that gravity would be applied to the actual ship as well as the player inside it if they share the same physics space.

I think that example you mention would be most helpful. You do that and I promise to make another donation the same as last :smiley: It would be well worth it to me :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks
Dave

Again, the ship has two collision shapes: A static mesh collision shape for the ship-local physics space which in reality always stays at 0/0/0 and the space should only influence the objects that are children of the ship node and apply the physics local. Then you have another collision shape (a hull) on another rigidbody in another physics space. Thats the one that is attached to the ship spatial and moves it around and that bounces into the world.

Hi Normen,

I got it all working properly now using the two seperate collision shapes as you suggested. I’m now using a compound shape for the ‘internal’ ship and a hull shape for the ‘external’ (I’m also no longer importing models, instead allowing the player to build his/her own ship/geometry set around them with an in-game editor).

Thanks for all your help