Unfortunately, I got sick the first half of this week, so this update didn’t turn out to be as big as I hoped. However, I instead turned this latest update into a much-needed bugfix & polishing update. Many nagging bugs and gameplay “holes” have now been resolved, which should result in a much more consistent and reliable gaming experience. Annoying things like losing all of your items on death, spawning in locked rooms, characters spawning in floors in multiplayer games & doors opening oddly should be things of the past.
This release isn’t without some new features, though! I’ve added character dialogs – you can now “interact” with normal, friendly guys & they will have something to say. I’ve also added “Damage Per Second” & “Energy Per Second” information to item descriptions.
I also plan on dropping the “BETA” label in a few weeks. I’m hoping with this bugfix release, bugs should be few and minor. I do still plan on adding new, cool features like hijacking, cave systems & custom weapons, of course!
Here are the complete list of changes:
- Dialog with characters! Normal guys now say something when interacted with
- You no longer drop items when dieing, which should resolve “lost all items” issues
- Added “Damage Per Second” and “Energy Per Second” to item descriptions
- Merchants will now properly respond to trade requests in multiplayer
- Doors will now open and close as expected (even bigger ones)
- Characters should no longer spawn in floors or walls in multiplayer
- Lights now should shine as expected past “chunk” edges
- Hopefully fixed a bug that caused item duplication with storage boxes and merchants
- Characters now will always drop 1 item, instead of sometimes 2
- Increased value of gems a bit more
- Further improved “chunk” building performance
- Fixed some radar plot coloring bugs
- Commands are now case-insensitive
- The “home waypoint” block now works in air
- First floors of buildings are no longer created locked (fixes “spawning in locked room”)
- Fixed a bug that made grappling hooks not disappear when using a ship
- Grenades now bounce as expected when viewed remotely in multiplayer
- Mini-ships should no longer spawn on top of each other
- Explosions & hit “puffs” should no longer linger in multiplayer games
- Tweaked some networking code to improve bandwidth usage a bit