3d gui

this is the niftygui 3d jme example modified to support multiple eventbus and accept mouse raypick adapted inputs.

[video]- YouTube

source: GitHub - automenta/nifractal: NiftyGUI 3D with JMonkeyEngine

how does tonedgodGUI compare to niftyGUI for this? i’d like to use native jme Nodes as components and make a unified 2d/3d GUI system. tonedgodGUI is probably closer to this design than niftygui and doesnt involve niftygui XML files which is a plus

here’s some older videos of JME2 experients i’d like to improve on

[video]- YouTube

more videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/automenta/search?query=spacenet

:explode:

Yo,

Was just browsing the forumns whilst takin’ a break from coding. yeah… crosslink to topic:

A “3D” Capable GUI

where we also discussed this very topic. I just chose that post, because that was my own personal sample of playing with t0neg0d’s GUI module. But yeah, a lot options are available, atm. enjoy!

thanks Relic724. thats awesome with the sphere mapped tonedgodUI. i guess tonedgodUI is more like Nifty than Lemur being 2D but can be mapped to 3D surface?

i started experimenting with mixing Lemur and Nifty. maybe TonedgodUI can also join:

i’m using a modified flycam that rotates look direction while right mouse button clicked, and shows the cursor again (for GUI manipulation) when released.

Probably more appropriate in the other thread, but since you mentioned Lemur here… maybe this is helpful:
http://hub.jmonkeyengine.org/forum/topic/lemur-gems-3-scene-picking/

…standard JME boxes with trivially added scene picking/mouse events.

Yo Sseehh,
Love the screenshots!
Yes, if I remember rightly t0neg0d made her GUI interface when the current version of NiftyGUI at that time did not support a proper mouse click interface for buttons/radio buttons n such … when rendered to a 3D mesh (it still mapped just to the GUI viewport… also it was consuming the mouse events for semi transparent overlays that should have let mouse events through. also, I think @void wasn’t on the forums at the time much, either. So, she made it. it still is 2D specific, but it allowed for better control to my way of thinking. Hologram Panels!

Hiya Paul! Great Stuff. That is a truly 3D gui sample. The integration with the jme Scene/Node/Controls/Input model would make this the most powerful. I then made the mistake of glancing at the stylesheet documentation in the Lemur project threads and saw “background” … it … I too newb! I too newb! :explode: But, seriously, great stuff.

[off topic?]
err… there are 3 GUI modules out there, that I know of currently, for jme3: Lemur, niftyGUI, and t0neg0d.
I was looking for a visual tool inside of jme3 sdk to whip together a GUI for my game… I couldn’t find one… so I’m making one. If you guys make a visual tool for your favorite GUI, that would be … frickin’ awesome. If anything I discover/create can be of help to you guys, feel free to ask.

The two threads I’ve created towards jme3 dev. are:
Jme3 w/ Netbeans SDK
t0neg0d Visual Editor
[/off topic?]

So, anyways, back to working on it for me.
Game On.

err… there are 3 GUI modules out there, that I know of currently, for jme3: Lemur, niftyGUI, and t0neg0d. I was looking for a visual tool inside of jme3 sdk to whip together a GUI for my game…. I couldn’t find one… so I’m making one. If you guys make a visual tool for your favorite GUI, that would be … frickin’ awesome. If anything I discover/create can be of help to you guys, feel free to ask.

The two threads I’ve created towards jme3 dev. are:
Jme3 w/ Netbeans SDK
t0neg0d Visual Editor
[/off topic?]

So, anyways, back to working on it for me.

Maybe you miss Summer of code projects. I’m making the visual editor for nifty-gui :). On summer of code section of the forum there are all my dev blogs and I’ve almost finish the first integration progress. I saw your efforts to make t0neg0d visual editor and you’re making great! :slight_smile: I hope to see also a visual editor for Lemur to put all the library supported at the same level ( even if they have different scopes ) .

Good work :wink:

1 Like
@relucri said: Maybe you miss Summer of code projects. I'm making the visual editor for nifty-gui :). On summer of code section of the forum there are all my dev blogs and I've almost finish the first integration progress. I saw your efforts to make t0neg0d visual editor and you're making great! :) I hope to see also a visual editor for Lemur to put all the library supported at the same level ( even if they have different scopes ) .

Good work :wink:

Lemur is a funny one… because technically if I made my controls serialize properly with JME’s save/load stuff then the regular Scene Editor could be a gui editor.

3 Likes

I hear that. I ran accross:

I am going to play with it, when I get to that point, and make sure to keep ya in mind for sharing “how-to”. That is, if I get it done, first. I will be using the savable interface when I go to flesh out the export to .j3o file functionality.