3rd person online game, I need a idea of how the charachers should look :)

Hai!

I am no noob that says:

"I'm making an online world, anyone want to work for me?"

But I do however have that wish in me, to create a 3d online world :slight_smile:

But what I wanted to know is how the people in the game should look!

I'm not gona focus on realism in the 3d game, Its gona be retro.

But I need a good look for a character!

I want it to be like a guy buildt of boxes.

They can be twisted and so, but It should be kinda rough

With spaces between the limbs.

I wish I could show u how it looked in my previous 3d zombie fps made in blender,

but I have deleted that youtube acc so its not there anymore :frowning:

So anyways, if you can scetch something or make a simple picture of a 3d model

or in some way show what you would like as a character  it would be really appriciated :slight_smile:

Thanks for reading, and sorry if it got long…

I'm bored thats why XD

I got a picture to illustrate what i ment…

How do I insert images?

First, the forum business:

Addez said:

I got a picture to illustrate what i ment..
How do I insert images?

You can either upload the photo online and link it inside of the img tags that you used.  (Those were pointing to a location on your hard drive ;))  You can also simple add it as an attachment to your post.  To do that, click "Additional Options" when posting and choose the file to attach

Addez said:

I want it to be like a guy buildt of boxes.
They can be twisted and so, but It should be kinda rough
With spaces between the limbs.
I wish I could show u how it looked in my previous 3d zombie fps made in blender,
but I have deleted that youtube acc so its not there anymore :(

I'm sure the "built of boxes" made me think of this, but Picasso might be of some help here.  Notice that most of the heads in the picture either have very thin necks connected to the bodies or just have tapered necks with no bodies.  A technique like that would lend itself well to the general shape of a body made up of disconnected shapes. (Head is a cube, torso could be a triangle/pyramid, etc). 

I hope that helps... or at leasts gets you thinking about something else that might help!

Hehe, I really done like picazos pictures…

They make the people look like they are being tortured XD

Heres how i tought it could look like (attachment)

Add some antennae, a grabber hand/hook, and you've got yourself the beginnings of a robot world!

It’s not not a long shot away from the katamari damacy style, which also seems to lend itself to Android’s maskot.

I’m well on my way to making a name for myself around this forum as one who strikes down on the ‘3d online projects’, but hey, kudos to you adopting an unconventional visual!