About the lag caused by using minie

You could also try eating more apples. A good diet of apples can also handle the collision detection more efficiently.

I share @pspeedā€™s view that this is most likely a bot post. I do want to highlight one especially, uniquely incorrect part of this though:

This would only be true in some cases in some physics engines that have GPU-accelerated rigid body collision detection. The version of Bullet that Minie uses does not, so there will never be any interaction between Minie, Minieā€™s version of Bullet, and your GPU. You could unplug your GPU, run jME headless, and your physics would run identically.

1 Like

This panics me, it seems that ai is now crawling all over the place for data (for quantitative tagging), which doesnā€™t seem like it should be legal but still exists

I think the AIs posting stuff are indviduals using AI (for whatever reason; post spam, just because they can etc) rather than the big companies making AI (who probably are also scraping the site, but leaving less footprints all over it)

Soon the AI will start feeding itself with the garbage it produced and posted everywhere, leading to its total collapseā€¦
I donā€™t know if we should hope that scenario or notā€¦

2 Likes

After a few days of searching I did not find a suitable way to simulate the collision, I tried the 2D physics engine dyn4j, the result is not very good will still be very laggy, I have another idea, I can just use the physics engine collision judgement to complete the collision results by themselves to try to keep the cheapest way to do it,

I would like to know what is the cheapest way of collision detection (AABB) for the minie?
Can I turn off minieā€™s physics simulation and just keep the collision detection?

1 Like

I suspect collision detection is the feature consuming most of your CPU time.

Can I turn off minieā€™s physics simulation and just keep the collision detection?

Yes, there are many approaches you could take:

• You could configure the rigid bodies to be kinematic and turn off their contact response.
  • You could create ghost controls instead of rigid-body controls.
  • You could create ghost controls and add them to a CollisionSpace instead of a PhysicsSpace.

CollisionSpace is a superclass of PhysicsSpace that doesnā€™t implement any dynamics. You cannot obtain a CollisionSpace from BulletAppState; they must be instantiated directly. For instance:

CollisionSpace space = new CollisionSpace(
                new Vector3f(-10000f, -10000f, -10000f),
                new Vector3f(10000f, 10000f, 10000f),
                PhysicsSpace.BroadphaseType.AXIS_SWEEP_3);

Rigid bodies and abstract physics controls cannot be added to a CollisionSpace, but ghost controls can.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply I will give it a try

1 Like