• Officially integrated with MonkeyBrains
  • Improved wander behaviors
  • jMonkeyEngine license header
  • Up to date documentation and website

Full devblog post: jmesteer.bdevel.org/devblog/
Website & Demos: jmesteer.bdevel.org

Cheers

4 Likes

Thank you for the great showcase video :slight_smile: Really looking forward to seeing this being used in games! So many fun NPC behaviours to play around with here.

1 Like

I tried the examples (exe + JRE 7 x64).

Here are some thoughts

• nice list of examples
  • if I click Cancel or hit “Esc”, the program closes instead of going back to the list of examples
  • piramids are all blue, it’s not easy to see where they are pointing
  • I feel dizzy looking around at the dots in a black void, I can’t tell up from down, so to speak
  • moving the mouse left makes the view move right, this is quite confusing
  • you can move the mouse up and do a “backflip”, this is cool, but very disorienting to me

May I suggest adding a skybox of some kind, and making movements more FPS-like?
That would help with the “where am I in space” thing :slight_smile:

Thanks for your super work!

1 Like
@The-11th-plague said: - if I click Cancel or hit "Esc", the program closes instead of going back to the list of examples - piramids are all blue, it's not easy to see where they are pointing - I feel dizzy looking around at the dots in a black void, I can't tell up from down, so to speak - moving the mouse left makes the view move right, this is quite confusing - you can move the mouse up and do a "backflip", this is cool, but very disorienting to me

May I suggest adding a skybox of some kind, and making movements more FPS-like?

Yes, definitely it can be improved and should not be very hard. Good suggestions. A line can be drawn to simulate the vertor forces directions or movement forces. Lighting and shaders should improve the visualization. Finally a skybox will help.

If someone think that can contribute doing it, go ahead. Otherwise I will take note and improve it If I have some free time.

The demos game is still pending to do.

Cheers.