Ankhel 3D-Game

Ankhel

After one year experience and many bugs and errors :smiley: I created a satisfying jME engine platform.

Still there is more potential :stuck_out_tongue:

Ankhel will be a coop-game for 4 players.

At the moment it's just singleplayer and will be until I reach the fifth version.

Each version handels it's own problems and solutions. The fifth for example introduce network.

Story:

Ankhel tells the story of four characters with different philosophies and life styles.

The world itself is a cursed and dark place, where good and evil is strictly separated.

Guardians enforce the law and everything has it's place. Except one person!

This is where the story begins (and the tutorial^^). A lone warrior awakes on a forgotten battlefield and returns to life. She's the first one, not to accept fate and create her own destiny. She's the one that will envenom the gods, tearing this world apart and invoke Ragnar

Finally another promising JME game project :slight_smile:

DarkPhoenixX said:
Everyone can change the game.
This along with your set of developer's tools makes me very excited. Sounds like your game could serve as an excellent entry-level to JME, even for complete novice programmers!

(…excellent entry-leve…) Mhh, maybe. The code is complex, but it's pretty clean programmed.

(…complete novice programmers…) Yeah, that was exactly my idea!

People can advance the story or create their own.

I'm just the one, who starts the story "Once upon a time…" and I hope other people will expand it.

That's why the menu is a book ^^

http://www.pictureupload.de/originals/9417/180210025137_3d_screenshot_02.png

I offer people to add their own page.  :slight_smile:

Nevertheless it's still a long way to go, before people can add their pages.

Creating the tutorial helps me to build up my house of cards, one after one.

Player simple moving character --> 3000 code lines for me …cruel world!!

I'm really looking forward to your first release!

Sound very cool, keep us updated :wink:

DarkPhoenixX said:

(because I hate the concept of archtypes like swordman, mage or thief).

Hell yes!
Huscar said:

DarkPhoenixX said:

(because I hate the concept of archtypes like swordman, mage or thief).

Hell yes!
Yeah oneUp on that one.

So, are you alone in this project, also making the assets yourself?

Haven't seen a mention of license yet. Are you releasing it all open source?

At the moment I'm alone in this project. After the first release I will look out for promising recruits.

Especially 3D artists and modeler.

I haven't thought too much about the license. Probably some kind of open source license.

The only thing I would really hate is someone selling my work!

I plan to fund the project by entering indi contests. Maybe I find some sponsors.

An maybe I will conquer the world :smiley:

DarkPhoenixX said:
I haven't thought too much about the license. Probably some kind of open source license.
The only thing I would really hate is someone selling my work!
Okay. Then the GPL license is what you want. If you want to know why you need to do the proper research yourself, but essentially it means that people may re-distribute your project, or substantial parts of it, so long as they deliver it under that same license.

Ankhel Update:

Sandbox is now connected with the Ankhel engine, meaning, Sandbox can use every function of Ankhel!

An error occured, but I fixed it somehow! Suddenly the error disappeard, after I loaded a backup! :?

Strange things happen!

This news is great, because it means, after two weeks, I will have a working map editor! :wink:

I love the concept art of it… and it goes well with your Avatar!  :wink:

Seriously though, could you show some more of the action, elaborate on the mechanics?

Looking good!

Yes I can

Give me some time, since I rebuild some parts of the engine ^^

UPDATE 11.5.2010 :

-Ankhel is going to be released on jME3

-A new filetyp (*.xero) will be introduced. xero is an advanced version of j3m and mod.

The big new feature is, that xero will save the ogres skeleton settings. A special allows to modifie the default postition. No animation files are included.

Any animation file can be loaded on any xero file, meaning you can use animation from another model, without 3D Tool. XeroAnimationSetter will calculate a new animation sequence with given information.

I will try to use a modified AssetManager version, without changing the DesktopAssetManager, and allow xero files to be loaded like any other file.

-Some of Ankhel's models  have been redone and now they look like "paintings".

As soon I finished the xero file, I will make a small test demo with dancing flamingos :stuck_out_tongue:

DarkPhoenixX said:

UPDATE 11.5.2010 :

-Ankhel is going to be released on jME3

-A new filetyp (*.xero) will be introduced. xero is an advanced version of j3m and mod.
The big new feature is, that xero will save the ogres skeleton settings. A special allows to modifie the default postition. No animation files are included.
Any animation file can be loaded on any xero file, meaning you can use animation from another model, without 3D Tool. XeroAnimationSetter will calculate a new animation sequence with given information.
I will try to use a modified AssetManager version, without changing the DesktopAssetManager, and allow xero files to be loaded like any other file.

-Some of Ankhel's models  have been redone and now they look like "paintings".

As soon I finished the xero file, I will make a small test demo with dancing flamingos :P

Why do you do this with the ogre bones and not with the jme3 ones?

I use the bones, which are shown in the test class

I thought they were ogre bones :-o

"DarkPhoenixX" wrote:
I use the bones, which are shown in the test class
I thought they were ogre bones
Okay, and the "included" material files, what is that for? Skinning? I just try to understand better :)