Announcing jMonkeyEngine version 1.0

jMonkeyEngine has officially gone 1.0!!!

"After more than four years of hard work and many point releases, the developers behind the jMonkeyEngine are proud to announce the release of version 1.0 of their Java game engine. The jMonkeyEngine is a high performance game library providing all the tools needed to build quality 3D games and applications in Java. Used by professional game companies such as NCsoft, Three Rings, Jadestone and others as well as government and hobbyist developers, the jMonkeyEngine has raised the bar for quality Java-based 3D entertainment."

I just want to personally say thank you to all of you folks for sticking with us and helping make this engine great!  We plan to maintain 1.0 in CVS with bug fixes as needed.  Stay tuned though… There's a lot of ideas about version 2.0 and moving to a newer model targeted at current and next-generation hardware.  Great things are ahead!

Congratulations!

Thank you to all the devs and community folks who have helped contribute code and who continue to improve this great engine!

Congratulations!  :smiley:

Party at Renanse's house !!!

Nice work!

Ehm, where is Renanse's house?

Great news people!.. Am I to assume Renense's house is in Austin?  :wink: Well it is just a 18 hour drive, not a problem!  :smiley:

Great… party starts in 15 mins…  I assume you'll all be there on time!

Congrats! Cant wait to hear about (discuss if you let) those next-gen features.

AWESOME!!!  :smiley: U guys r the best ha! Graz~

hopefully one day ill be able to contribute to the engine. im trying my best hah :smiley:

I'll throw a party in sweden as well, might be closer for some of you… 2.0 here we come!  8)

yaaaaaaaay! congratulations jme and thanks to the devs and all contributors! :smiley:

i've been waiting for some time to see this happen  8)

I'll go ahead and announce the first feature I'll be adding in 2.0.  I think I'm going to call it UberGame, it's the next generation of StandardGame. :wink:

This is great and a long time coming!  XD

I'll definitely be attending the Swedish release party :slight_smile:

Yay for more new and cool features to come! Thanks for all the work, devs and everybody else, and for the single best java 3d and scenegraph engine known to mankind!

Also, thank you everybody for the great community support, the fast and high quality responses, and the fun it is to regularly read this forum.

Oh, and last but certainly not least thank you NCSoft for supporting such an outstanding open source project! I'm sure your clear-sightedness will pay off more than you bargained for.

jME ftw!

Celebrate!  :smiley:

Great work guys! Many thanks for all of the exceptional work!

Yeah! Congrats jME team.

Darn, missed the party in Austin. A Swedish release party sounds like a great idea :slight_smile:

darkfrog, can't you extend StandardGame with a Quake5Game for v.2? Then jME would provide a great base to start on for id software. That would be awesome! :slight_smile:

Congratulations !  :slight_smile:

Congratulations!

I'll try to catch a ferry to Sweden! :wink: Where is the party going to be exactly ? :stuck_out_tongue: